Chapter 8: Seeking Shelter from the Coming Storm

Here we go another chapter.

Think this may very well be the longest if not one of the longest ones yet.

Anywho

Enjoy!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dark sat at the table. He looked at the other two there with him. The queen of the sandwings, Venomara, and the silkwing with a heavy grudge, Victim.

Venomara narrowed her black eyes at Dark. "So, those two escaped?"

Dark snarled. "They didn't escape. There was a rescue mission."

"Same difference. You're just angry they got away from you." Victim rolled his eyes. He then began to cough. Victim muttered under his breath as his form glitched out. He held a claw up to his mouth and when he lowered it, a few scarlet drops of blood were on his claws. Dark and Venomara both looked at Victim. "I'm fine." Victim snarled as he coughed once more, a tiny bit of scarlet running down from his jaw. He whipped it away then looked at them. "So, what is our plan?"

Venomara flicked her barbed tail. "Clearly, they went back to the sky kingdom palace. So we attack there."

Dark flicked his wings, power surging from his bands. "My virabots will be ready."

Venomara nodded. "We are now dismissed. Go prepare for the attack."

Dark and Victim got up and headed towards the entrance. As they got there, a grey silkwing, with jet black shades, landed at the entrance. Behind him were three other dragons. Two of the dragons were mudwings. One mudwing was quite tall, and had a quiver of arrows on his back. In the side of the quiver was a long spear and a bow was attached to the quiver. The second mudwing was a normal size, but was incredibly burly and muscular, clearly the brawn and brute strength of the group. The fourth dragon and the last member of the team was a short grey seawing. The seawing had an odd pattern all across his wings, as well as a smile that is constantly present on his face, becoming a very iconic feature for the dragon with an explosive personality. The silkwing with shades, clearly the leader, looked up at Victim. "Alright boss, what's the mission you have for us?"

Victim nodded to him. "Agent, I have two younger brothers I need you four to track down. They go by the names of The Chosen One and The Second Coming. Capture and bring them back here as soon as possible."

Agent nodded then turned around. "Primal, Hazard, Ballista, gear up. We have our orders. Move out." The four mercenaries then got airborne quickly and headed to where the targets had been last seen, and set to work on their mission.

Dark looked over to Victim as the mercenaries flew away. "You sure they gonna get them?"

"I said they're my best men for a reason. They caught both of our brothers before, they can do it again. Now come on, let's gear up ourselves. We have an attack to get ready for."

Meanwhile, at the sky kingdom palace:

Chosen woke up with a heavy yawn. He hissed feeling pain, then the events of the past few days played in his mind. He looked down next to him where Second was sleeping peacefully, his chest rising and falling calmly, with a steady rhythm. A thump on the door of the room made him look up. Careful not to wake Second, Chosen got up and opened the door. Blue stood there.

"Hey, I'm here to check on you guys and let you know that Queen Skyfire is calling us all to the throne room. Sounds pretty urgent."

Chosen nodded to Blue. "Doing good, still hurting but feeling good."