Part 9 (Epilogue)

~1 & 1/2 Years Later~
Rapunzel sat in the living room of her apartment staring at her cellphone, waiting for the call that would tell her if her cancer was finally gone. Also sitting in the room with her were Henry, Regina, and Robin, her new step-dad.
Regina and Robin got married six months ago. Henry was the Best Man at the wedding, Roland was the Ring-bearer, and Rapunzel was the Maid of Honor. It was a beautiful wedding!
Suddenly, Rapunzel's phone rang and everybody looked at each other. Rapunzel took a deep breath before answering.
"Hello?" she said.
Everyone watched her intently, watching for a reaction that would tell them the answer before Rapunzel could tell them herself.
"Okay, thank you. Have a nice day!" Rapunzel said, then she hung up.
"Well?" Regina asked.
"What did they say?" Robin added.
"Are you still sick?" Henry asked.
"I'm cancer free!" Rapunzel squealed, throwing her arms up in the air.
"That's great!" everyone said at once. They all stood up and hugged Rapunzel as a group.
"Thanks guys, but I kind of can't breathe." Rapunzel grunted.
"Oh, sorry!" Robin said as they let go of each other.
"It's fine." Rapunzel said.
"In the spirit of good news, Regina and I have something we want to tell you guys." Robin said, smiling brightly.
"Robin!" Regina said, playfully smacking his arm. "We're doing this now?"
"Why not? Now is the perfect opportunity."
"Alright."
"Where is Roland? He needs to hear this too." Robin said. Then he called Roland's name.
"What is this all about?" Rapunzel asked. Henry shrugged and Regina held up a finger. "You'll see." she said.
Roland came running from Rapunzel's room where he had been watching TV.
"Yes, Papa?" he said.
Robin bent down and picked up his son.
"What is it?" Henry asked.
Robin and Regina glanced at each other and smiled.
"We're expecting." they said together.
"Wha- How?" Rapunzel asked.
"Well, you see, when a man and a woman love each other, they-"
"Ew! That's not what I meant!" Rapunzel said quickly, cutting Robin off. "You said that you couldn't have children." Rapunzel said to her mother.
"I couldn't. But we went to Mr. Gold, and he made me a potion that reversed the one I had taken before."
"Oh. Well, congratulations!" Rapunzel said, hugging Regina.
"What's expecting?" Roland asked, making everyone laugh.
Regina reached over and took Roland from Robin's arms and set him in her hip. "It means that I'm going to have a baby." she said.
Roland's face lit up. "A baby?"
"That's right!" Robin said.
"I'm so happy for you guys!" Henry said.
Just then, there was a knock at the door. Rapunzel grinned and rushed to open the door.
"Who could that be?" Regina asked.
"I don't know, but she looked really happy." Henry replied.
"Guys," Rapunzel said, leading a man into the room. "this is Jaq. He's my boyfriend."
"Nice to meet you all." Jaq said. Then he turned his attention to Rapunzel. "So, has the doctor called yet?"
"Yes. I don't have cancer anymore!"
"Yes!" Jaq said, and he gave Rapunzel a bear hug.
"Hey," Henry said. "how about we go out to eat to celebrate?"
"Oh, good idea!" Rapunzel said.
Everyone agreed, and they all went to Granny's for dinner.

After dinner, Rapunzel told everyone goodbye and started walking home.
"Hey, wait!" Jaq called as he jogged to her side. "Let me walk you home."
"Okay." she said. "Thanks." She thought it was sweet of him to walk with her. Because it was still light outside, they decided to take a walk through the park.
After a few minutes, Jaq took Rapunzel's hand. "Rapunzel?" he said.
"Yes?" she replied.
"Stop."
"O-okay. Why?" she asked as she stopped and stood still.
Jaq stepped in front of her and faced her. "There's something I've been meaning to ask you." he said.
"What is it?" she asked.
Jaq smiled as he sank down on one knee and pulled something out of his pocket. Then he took one of her hands in one of his. "Rapunzel," he began. "I know we haven't known each other all that long, but. . .I just couldn't wait any longer. I love you Rapunzel, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So. . ." He held up his other hand, showing her a ring with a silver band that had a not-too-big, not-too-small diamond on it that sparkled in the fading sunlight. "Will you marry me?"
"Oh my gosh, yes!" Rapunzel gasped.
He put the ring on her finger, and then stood up.
"I love you, too!" Rapunzel said, throwing her arms around Jaq's neck and kissing him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him as he kissed her back.

The End!