{𝟣𝟤} 𝑀𝒶𝓅

"𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢, 𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚜. 𝚆𝚎 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚔𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎'𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚒𝚛. 𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎."
-𝚇𝚞 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚑𝚊𝚘

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

//Y/N//

"Seungkwan we need you" I said as soon as we entered their house.

"This map might be our only clue to finding the book that can get us back to the present and to understand why the evil spirits were tracked here." Minghao said behind jeonghan.

Seungkwan who was too focused on a book looked up in surprise of the sudden commotion.

"We found this," Jeonghan said handing the map to him. "Can you read it?"

Seungkwan's eyes widened as he took the map, his fingers tracing the ancient lettering.

"This is written in the language of the Old Lumerians," he murmured. "It's an old dialect, but I should be able to translate it."

He spread the map out on the table, and the others gathered around, watching as he carefully read the text.

"This map leads to a hidden chamber beneath the village," Seungkwan explained.

"It's a place of great power, where the boundaries between worlds are thin. The evil spirits were drawn here because of this chamber. It's like a beacon to them." He continued.

"So that's why they came here. But why haven't we seen any?" Jeonghan asked.

Seungkwan pointed to a specific spot on the map. "According to this, there's a protective barrier around the chamber. It's designed to keep the spirits from escaping into the village, but it's weakening. That's explains why Vernon could sense their presence and you guys not seeing them."

Wonwoo's expression turned serious. "We need to find this chamber and see if it holds any clues to the book. If the barrier fails, the village and possibly the entire timeline could be at great risk"

I nodded in agreement to the statement. "Let's prepare. We have to fix this and find that book as soon as possible."

"It's late, we should rest as much as we can first." Seungcheol said standing with two hands on his hips.

"Y/n, you can stay in my room for tonight, it seems like the rain won't stop anytime soon" Joshua, who was beside me said as I saw Minghao turn to look at us.

"No it's fine, I can sleep on the couch." I said shaking my head politely.

"No need, I have an extra mattress" Joshua said showing his duck like smile.

The night passed slowly, I couldn't fall asleep as much as I tried. I laid there, watching the ceiling hoping to fall asleep soon enough.

"Having a hard time sleeping?" Joshua mumbled with his eyes closed

"Yeah, it's been like that since I've been here" I said turning to look at him.

"Me too, we usually don't sleep. But Seungcheol made it a habit since we are turning partially humans day by day." He said sitting up.

"Is it ok if I come over and sit beside you?"

"Sure" I said making space beside me

We set to leave at midday, following the directions Seungkwan had translated from the map.

The path led us to the same village where we once were. A little further was an abandoned well, where the entrance was.

"According to the map, the entrance to the chamber is here." He said pointing

After some failed attempts on trying to open the well, the boys managed to pry open the cover.

Upon opening the entrance it revealed a steep, spiraling staircase that led into darkness.

At the bottom, we found ourselves in an underground chamber, the walls lined with ancient symbols that glowed faintly.

In the center of the chamber was an altar, surrounded by a faint barrier. Through the barrier, they could see shadows moving dark, disfigured forms that sent chills down our spines.

Seungkwan approached the altar. "The map indicates that there's something here a clue to the book's location."

"There," I heard Mingyu say as he pointed.

"This looks like a passage from an ancient text. It could be the location to the book." Joshua said.

Seungkwan examined the carvings, reading aloud. "Seek the guardian of the first light, where the morning meets the earth. The book lies within the embrace of the oldest oak, hidden from those who do not know the light."

"Could it be oldest oak tree in the village I stumbled upon yesterday. I can lead us there."  Minghao said already walking away.

Once we reached the massive tree, we began to search its base, looking for any hidden compartments or clues.

After minutes of searching Dk found a small, concealed latch. With a soft click, a hidden panel opened, revealing a weathered, leathered Journal.

Dk carefully lifted it up, the ancient symbols on its inside matching those on the map.

"This journal might hold the information we need," Vernon whispered. "It could lead us directly to the book."

"This all seems too good to be true" Seungcheol said as Hoshi nodded in agreement.

"Let's take it back and see what it says." Chan said.

Once we got home, Seungkwan wasted no time and started analyzing the journal .

"This must be our next destination. The book is likely hidden there, but we'll need to find the exact location first."

Jun, who was beside him nodded. "I wonder who is leaving these clues around, it seems like a hunt."

"Indeed, But we still have 20 days left so no rush, tomorrow we will simply rest and sort things out" Seungcheol said eying Chan and I.

Don't forget to leave a like!

𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎𝚍...