Panicking (RIBB Shu) 🌹

I didn't get any sleep that night. I was worried about what to tell Valt, what would I do if Cassie and Susan found out about my past, and if Kirika was going to be alright.

I wanted to talk to Rose. But that wasn't an option as she didn't seem to exist here. I was so worried that it was impossible for me to sleep, even if I wanted to.

It didn't help that it started raining heavily around midnight and I could hear the loud thunder. I hate thunderstorms and can never sleep properly when there is a thunderstorm.

I don't know how long I laid awake, but it was three in the morning when I gave up on getting any sleep. I got up and went to check any email notifications on my laptop. I was very cautious about it, not wanting to see any hate mail.

I had the shock of my life when seeing all my current mail. It seems like I'm the manager of the Raging Bulls! I knew that Theodore Glass was arrested after the International Blader's Cup, but I never imagined that I would replace him. In fact, I had decided that I was never stepping foot in Mexico ever again.

I made myself breakfast, which was a cheese sandwich with a glass of orange juice. I really needed it for I felt exhausted from my restless night.

I got dressed and went for a run after I had finished my breakfast. I hoped that it would clear my mind, but my head was swimming in thoughts.

It was around 6.30 am when I received a text from Valt.

BFF: We are almost at America. Will see you in an hour.

I wasn't sure if I was happy at the thought of seeing Valt or worried about what he would think. He probably thinks that I have amnesia.

And what does he mean by we? Valt and Rantaro? Valt and the rest of BC Sol? Probably not. There was no way the whole of BC Sol would come to check on me. Maybe he means him and the whole Beyclub.

I didn't know what to do. It was too early to go to the hospital to check on Kirika and she was probably still sleeping. Suddenly I felt really tired.

Maybe I should take a nap. I felt really out of it at the moment from getting zero sleep.

But then I received a message from Cassie.

Cassie: Shu, I'm very confused. Susan and I have found some information about you, and it's really confusing. Can you come over to Susan's house so that we can talk about it? I'll send you her address.

I was getting worried. Did Cassie and Susan find out about the Red Eye incident? Well, I had no choice but to face the music.

I went over to Susan's house. I felt so nervous that my heart was pounding nervously.

Susan's house was quite nice looking. I slowly went to ring the doorbell.

A girl with brown hair tied in plaits, glasses and big brown eyes opened the door. She was still in pyjamas, so I kind of felt embarrassed. "Er... Is this Susan James's house?"

"Yes," said the girl. "I'm Susan. You're Shu, right?"

I nodded. "Do you... Want to change?"

"Oh yeah," she said. "Cassie is using the bathroom now, so I'm waiting for her."

Susan was looking at me in an odd way. It was like she was judging me. I felt so awkward.

Soon, Cassie came out, so Susan went to get dressed. Cassie was dressed in a green sweater and purple pants. Her pale golden hair was in a ponytail.

Cassie also seemed uncomfortable. "Oh, hi Shu," she said.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Well, first of all, why do you look so tired?"

"I... Didn't sleep well." It wasn't a complete lie. I didn't want Cassie to know that I haven't slept at all.

"Then why are you up so early?" asked Cassie. "Susan and I were having a sleepover and woke up early because she accidentally set her ringtone super loud, and her boyfriend called."

I have Cassie and odd glance. "Okay..."

"Well, this is going to be difficult, so I will spit out the facts. Are you Red Eye?"

I thought that I was going to faint. I suddenly had a vivid memory of breaking Valtryek's tip, Twin Noctemis and Luinor. The shock must have been pretty obvious, because Cassie said, "I'm going to take that as a yes."

I sighed. "I... Don't want to talk about this."

"Why not?" asked Cassie.

"I just don't want to, okay?"

I felt a little sick. I felt like I was going to faint.

"I'm down!" called Susan. Then she looked at me. "Are you okay? You seemed fine earlier."

I think that Susan and Cassie were having a conversation about me, but my ears were buzzing. Was I going to throw up?

I ran outside and took some deep breaths. I didn't want to be reminded of what happened a few months ago in my time.

"Shu!" yelled Cassie as she ran out too. "What's gotten into you? One moment you were fine and the next you are having a panic attack and won't respond at all. I find it hard to believe that you would do all those awful things, so why..."

"Don't!" I yelled. "I don't want to talk about it."

Cassie gave me a look. "Aren't you being a little dramatic?"

Maybe, but I don't want to talk about it. I might talk about it to my friends, but not to someone I had met yesterday.

"Just don't! I don't want to talk about it. Please don't ask about it."

"But..." started Cassie.

Just then, we were interrupted by a familiar voice. "Shu! There you are."