20: The Garden of Moon Lilies

Please show some Love ❤️, Comment 💬, and Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

You can also read the early chapters on P🅰️treon & Join Discord! 🔗

————————————————————

There are things in the world in order for one to believe in, they have to be witnessed and seen.

Telling Edith to grab her sword and suddenly tag along with Princess Charlotte to the Palace, was the thing Edith had to see in order to believe. It is an event that will probably wind up with Vivian's head on a spike, or so Edith thought.

Just what kind of confidence and power does this Vivian have to do what she is doing?

The Princess looked happy with Vivian's presence but that surely wasn't enough. The Princess is a minor and the fact that she left the palace and headed to Vivian of all people means serious business.

Thousands of thoughts were running on Edith's mind but it suddenly became empty the moment the carriage started driving into the Royal Palace.

And it was the moment of truth.

The head nanny descended first while helping Princess Charlotte down the folding step followed by Vivian and finally Edith.

"Alright Princess, you should be the one leading the way." Vivian said, "Make sure to never cry and put on a stern face."

"Stern?" The Princess tilted her head.

"Yes. That face Lady Edith makes when she looks in my general direction." Vivian taught the Princess.

Edith wanted to clarify the serious accusation but the Princess was already glaring at her. After looking for a second time, it seemed that Princess Charlotte was trying to capture Edith's serious face.

"I guess... It is very good." Edith had to compliment the Princess for the serious attempt.

"Perfect, your Highness." Vivian said, "We will follow your lead and look stern as well."

"Yesss!" The little Princess clenched her fist in a pose of determination and returned to the stern look again before turning around and walking ahead, "This way."

Vivian turned to Edith and gestured to her to keep the act before she followed Princess Charlotte immediately. Edith lagged behind in utter confusion but the head nanny kept staring and waiting for her to tag along.

The group of four women walked through the palace and passed the outer boundaries and the main building where the council of the king gets to be held. They eventually ended up at the inner sanctum where the Royal Family resides.

No one enters this place without an invitation. Even the Blacks wouldn't dream of coming here so it is clearly the first time for Edith here.

"Goodness! What am I being dragged into?" Edith couldn't help but scream in her heart and try to breathe deeply and calm herself down.

But it wasn't long until the confirmation they came for began.

"Open this garden, Sir!" The Princess ordered the Royal Guard who was stationed in front of the garden's gate.

The Royal Guard was aware of the trouble coming his way but not of its sheer mass. Not just a Princess but two Noble Ladies and the Head Nanny. Still, he wouldn't walk aside just like that.

"By the orders of His Highness the Crown Prince, this Garden is to be sealed until the end of the Spring Festival day." The Royal Guard replied.

"I am ordering you." The Princess spoke in a higher tone as her confidence was boosted by the presence of Vivian behind her.