chapter five

"the make up and the first kiss

"the make up and the first kiss."

IT WAS A FEW WEEKS after Layla's and Arizona's first fight, and they hadn't talked since, well Layla hasn't.

Arizona has apologized every day, once a day. Mark and Lexie has tried to convince her to forgive Arizona considering she did sleep with Callie.

Layla fully disagreed with them, it's not like she was in a relationship with Arizona, so in her mind it shouldn't have hurt anyone.

The brunette was still a little uptight about the missed opportunity in the surgery, sure she's gotten chances recently that she loved, but that one really stuck with her.

Currently Layla was stood in one of the on-call rooms because she spent the night at the hospital. She was waiting to be paged because god knows she isn't doing anything she wasn't ask to do.

All of a sudden the door flung open and there stood a guy, with red hair and a hard look on his face "Sorry, I didn't know anyone was in here." he instantly apologized the sound of stress steady on his voice.

Layla brushed the barge in off "that's alright, I don't mind." the man managed a small smile, closing the door behind him. Layla had no idea who this man was, she never saw him before, and didn't even know he worked at this hospital.

She sighed pulling her white coat over herself "who are you?" she asked the man who basically welcomed himself in the on-call room.

He sat on the bed looking up at the girl "Hunt, Owen, Hunt." he announced, Layla nodded along listening "are you new?" she asked causing him to nod, she took in the sight and it seemed like he needed his space "well enjoy my on call room, I hope you work out whatever...this is." Layla stated, turning to leave the room.

Just as she was about to open the door he spoke again "who are you?" she turned to face him "I'm Layla, Layla Tate." she smiled and he stared at her with recognition "Tate." he whispered thinking.

"Tate, as in Landon Tate?" he asked his stare still locked on the girl who stood before him. She nodded slowly "Yeah..that's my brother?" she said with confusion.

Layla was more than absolutely bewildered, how did this random surgeon that she never met know her brother.

She took a minute before asking "how do you know my brother?"

Owen glanced down "he was in active duty with me."

Layla stood there frozen not knowing what to say or do. Every time she went to talk nothing would come out, suddenly her pager went off "saved by the bell" she thought hurrying to leave the on call room.