🖤Chapter 4🖤

Isabella spent two days fulfilling her duties. Though she longed to return to Ciel, her fellow church members insisted she complete her tasks. This was one reason she had reservations about becoming an Archbishop.

Finally, after two days of relentless work, she sighed in relief. "I'm done!" She put down her quill and stretched her arms above her head.

Just then, a clergy member entered with more papers. Isabella was incredulous. "You've got to be kidding me."

"Your Grace, here's the-"

Before he could finish, Isabella grabbed her white coat and bolted. "I'm leaving, bye!"

"Your Grace-" he called after her, but she was already out the door, heading for the stables.

People tried to stop her, but she mounted her horse and sped off towards the Phantomhive Manor.

Minutes later, she arrived at the manor and slowed her horse, surprised to see the garden had transformed into a Japanese-style landscape. Finny, who was in the garden, spotted her and rushed inside to find Sebastian.

"Sebastian!" Finny burst into the kitchen, where Sebastian was typically found.

"What is it?" Sebastian asked, not looking up from his task.

"The Archbishop Isabella is here!" Finny exclaimed, breathless.

"What?" Sebastian paused, then quickly headed toward the garden, thinking, "Of all times for her to visit, it had to be now."

When he reached the garden, he saw Isabella dismounting her horse with grace. "Good afternoon, Your Grace," he greeted with a bow.

Isabella smiled at him. "Good afternoon, Sebastian."

Approaching him cautiously, she glanced around. "Is something going on? The garden looks... different."

"The young master has a guest coming, Your Grace. The garden-"

"Umm... it's my fault," Finny interjected, appearing beside Sebastian. "I sprayed undiluted herbicide directly because I thought it would work."

Isabella couldn't help but laugh. "Well, that explains it!"

"What brings you here, Your Grace?" Sebastian inquired.

"I came to visit, of course. These past two days were torture. I couldn't see his cute face!" Isabella exclaimed, making Sebastian's eyebrow twitch in mild amusement.

"Is Ciel busy?" she asked.

"Yes, Your Grace," he replied.

"Then I shouldn't disturb him. I'll speak with him later. In the meantime, I'd like to help around," she offered.

"Help?" Sebastian was taken aback. "Oh no, please. You are our guest. We cannot possibly-"

"I insist. I came here unannounced, after all. I want to be of some use," Isabella said firmly.

Seeing she wouldn't take no for an answer, Sebastian relented. "Alright. It would be helpful to have more hands."

He thought, "She may be an important figure, but she's quite stubborn."

"Finny, inform everyone that Her Grace will be assisting us," he instructed.

"Roger, Sebastian!" Finny saluted before running off.

Sebastian led Isabella to the kitchen, where they found Mey-Rin sweeping up shards of plates and glass, and Bardroy cleaning up something burnt on the table. Isabella gave Sebastian a questioning look.

"Mey-Rin tried to pull out a tea set for the guest but ended up falling along with the trolley. And Bardroy roasted raw meat using a... flamethrower," Sebastian explained, looking away as he mentioned the last part.

Isabella tried to stifle her laughter but couldn't. "What clumsy co-workers you have, Sebastian!"

"Don't mention it," he replied dryly.

"It looks like you really need help," she said, removing her coat and rolling up her sleeves. "With an expert's help, everything will be ready before the guest arrives."

"Thank you, Your Grace," Sebastian said, acknowledging her determination.

It took them two hours to finish everything. Sebastian was impressed by Isabella's proficiency in household chores, despite her high rank.

"All done!" Isabella exclaimed, wiping her hands with satisfaction.

"Sebastian, prepare-" Ciel entered the kitchen, stopping mid-sentence when he saw Isabella. "Isabella?! What are you doing here? And when did you-"

"Ciel!" Isabella immediately hugged him. "I missed you. I came to visit, but your butler said you were busy, so I decided to help out in the meantime!"

"Help? Why did you-"

"No more questions!" she shushed him with a smile. "You have a guest, right? Just do your thing. I can take care of myself."

Ciel sighed, shaking his head. "Sebastian, prepare my game board, tea, and snacks."

"Yes, my lord," Sebastian responded with a bow.

Ciel gave Isabella a long look before leaving the room.

Sebastian glanced at Isabella. "Your Grace, I think I should find you something more appropriate to wear-"

"No need, Sebastian. I don't require a dress or anything fancy," she said, waving him off.

"My apologies. I forgot that church members often have different requirements-"

"It's not that. I have something else in mind," she grinned mischievously.

"What in the world is she planning now?" Sebastian thought, puzzled but intrigued.