🖤Chapter 11🖤

Ciel could still remember his first meeting with Isabella. It was four years ago...

Four Years Ago...

"Papa!" Ciel greeted his father as he came home after his visit to the palace. Vincent smiled back at his son, lifting and embracing him.

"Hello, my Ciel," he said warmly. Rachel greeted Vincent with a kiss on the cheek. "Welcome home, dear," she added.

Ciel's eyes landed on a girl with raven black hair and green eyes, smiling and bowing her head in greeting.

"Papa, who's that?" he pointed to her and looked at his father. Rachel also glanced at her curiously.

"Oh," Vincent smiled and turned to the girl. "Please come inside, Isabella," he invited.

Isabella approached the loving family with a courteous smile.

"May God's grace be with us. Good morning, Countess Rachel, and Lord Ciel. I'm Isabella Sinclair, and it is an honor to meet you," she said politely.

Ciel never took his eyes off her. There was something about her that captivated him. When Isabella lifted her head and her eyes met his, she smiled, causing Ciel to quickly look away, feeling shy.

“Good morning to you too, you look so young. How old are you dear?” Rachel asked.

“I'm in my 20, Countess,” she replied.

“Still young, anyway, welcome to the Phantomhive Manor, dear,” Rachel said with a smile.

From that day forward, Isabella never missed a day visiting the manor, often unannounced. During her visits, she always played with Ciel. Initially, Ciel was wary and shy, but due to her consistent determination, he eventually opened up to her.

What Ciel liked most about her was that she could play anything and was never boring. She always won against him, making her seem like an angel who descended from heaven to become his guardian.

Isabella became Ciel's favorite person.

But one day, he was kidnapped by bandits along with his nanny. He was afraid as the bandits wielded daggers.

One night, as he and his nanny were held in an abandoned house, there was a sudden commotion. All the bandits were on high alert.

"Make sure no one gets in!" their leader shouted.

Ciel and his nanny were frightened.

"Ciel, don't be frightened. Just close your eyes and cover your ears," Ciel heard Isabella's voice behind them. He turned around and saw her smiling at him with her index finger on her lips. She winked, "Everything's going to be fine now, my Ciel," she reassured him.

"Hey! There she is!" one of the bandits shouted, pointing towards her.

She stood up calmly and readied her sword. "Ciel, close your eyes and no matter what, don't open them, understood?" she instructed.

Ciel nodded, covering his ears and closing his eyes. For a few minutes, he heard faint screams of agony and fighting.

Ciel couldn't help but be curious about what Isabella was doing. He slightly opened his eyes and was shocked by what he saw. Many men lay dead on the ground, blood everywhere. What stood out most was Isabella, her white uniform covered in blood. Her expression was different from the sweet and funny Isabella; it was cold and resolute.

For the first time, Ciel was afraid of her.

It took five minutes for the chaos to end. There was no more screaming or fighting.

"Wait for your father, Ciel. He's coming to rescue you," Isabella said before she disappeared.

His father arrived and embraced him, and the authorities took care of the case.

Later that night, Ciel asked his father about Isabella.

"Father, who is Isabella? Why is she so strong? And why was she like that?" he asked.

"Did you see her fight?" Vincent inquired.

Ciel nodded.

Vincent sighed and sat beside his bed. "Ciel, what did you feel when you saw her earlier?" he asked.

"I was scared. She... she was not my Isabella. She was... different," Ciel admitted.

"Ciel, that was still your Isabella. But that was the other side of her. Ciel," Vincent caressed his head, "this is only between you and me, so don't tell anybody, okay?" he advised.

Ciel nodded.

"Isabella is an Archbishop, but she operates differently from the church. Her role is like a knight, but kind of different. She is an archbishop in the eyes of people, but to those who know, she is a monster," he explained.

"Father, Isabella is no monster," Ciel insisted.

"That's right. She is no monster. It's just that she moves like a monster. But she is still Isabella. Our Isabella," Vincent agreed.

"Yes, Father. She is my Isabella. She's not a monster; to me, she's cool and awesome! She's like a warrior angel!" Ciel smiled.

Vincent chuckled, "That's right. She also has a cool nickname."

"What's her nickname?"

"The Bloody Angel, or the Bloody Bishop."

Back to the Present...

"Fire!" Vanel shouted to his men. They quickly raised their guns and fired at her.

Isabella smirked. In just a blink of an eye, all the bullets were sliced up. She moved like lightning, raising her sword. In a matter of seconds, Vanel's men lay dead on the floor.

"W-what are you?" Vanel stammered.

"Me?" Isabella smiled coldly, "I'm just a regular Archbishop," she said.