🖤Chapter 9🖤

"Your Grace," Sebastian grabbed hold of her hand. She looked at him, surprised.

"Your Grace, just what—"

Sebastian was interrupted by the ringing of a bell hanging on the wall. It was coming from the lounge area.

Sebastian sighed and let go of her hand. "We should give them their tea and snacks," he said.

A moment later, they arrived at the lounge room. Isabella noticed some carriages driving away from the manor through the window.

Madame Red and Lau saw the two arrive. They were sitting in respective couches.

"Sebastian," Madame Red greeted, "and who's this girl with you? She seems like someone from the church."

"Wait, you don't recognize her, Madame Red?" Ciel asked.

"Uh, no, I don't," she replied.

Isabella smiled and slightly bowed to them. "May God's blessing be with us. I'm Isabella Sinclair, it's a pleasure to meet you, Madame Red," she said.

Sebastian noticed how she left out her rank.

Isabella glanced at Ciel, "She doesn't know about me since we never had the chance to meet whenever I visited your father, My Lord," she explained.

Sebastian also noticed how she referred to Ciel.

"I see," Ciel replied.

Sebastian cleared his throat and picked up a teapot, and poured a tea on a cup, smiling. "I have prepared Darjeeling from Fortnum & Mason for today," he announced.

"What a nice scent," Lau said, sniffing the tea. "A good brew makes it special."

Isabella handed Sebastian a cup, and he gracefully poured it.

"Should a church member assist a butler? Like helping around?" Madame Red asked.

"Helping around does not define one's dedication to faith," Isabella responded.

Sebastian continued to pour tea gracefully, listening quietly.

"Grell," Madame Red called to her butler, who was amazed by Sebastian's skills.

"Y-Yes!" he stammered.

"You should learn from him," she advised.

"Right..." he muttered.

"Still," she said, turning back to Sebastian, "You're a nice guy!" she teased, patting Sebastian's butt. Everyone was stunned by her action. Sebastian felt goosebumps. "Why don't you quit serving this manor house and start working for us?" she suggested.

"Ahem!" Ciel cleared his throat. "Madame Red," he interjected.

"Oh my! Excuse me! I couldn't help but want to palpate him. I guess it's a doctor thing, no?" she teased again.

Ciel sighed.

The three continued talking about eradicating pests, but it turned into nonsense when Madame Red scolded Lau for touching her niece. Isabella stood there, amused.

Ciel sighed and slowly left the room.

Isabella saw Ciel and followed him, "Ciel," she called.

Ciel stopped and looked at her.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"A little," he admitted.

Isabella smiled softly and caressed his head, secretly pouring her healing power into him. Ciel felt warmth and calmness once again. "Your touch really does wonders, Isabella," he said.

"Really?" she asked.

"Young Master," Sebastian interrupted.

Isabella pulled her hand away, and Ciel glanced at him.

"I have prepared a deep pie with apples and raisins for today. It's almost done, so please enjoy it with the guests, if you'd like," Sebastian suggested.

"Bring it to my room. I've had enough of coping with them," he instructed as he walked back towards his study.

"As you wish," Sebastian replied.

Isabella approached Sebastian. "It seems like Ciel is a bit tired. I hope your pie will ease his mind at least," she said.

"I hope so, Your Grace," he responded. When he stared at her, he could sense some divine aura emanating from her. He sniffed it, and for the first time, he was not disgusted by it. He found the smell... appealing.

"Sebastian?" Isabella's voice snapped him back to reality. He realized he had unconsciously moved closer to her and sniffed her neck. He quickly stepped back, flustered.

"Y-Your Grace, this is—"

He was interrupted when the trio appeared, running around the hallway trying to catch some rats.

And once again, Mey-Rin tripped and fell backward, bumping into Isabella back. Isabella didn't have time to react.

Sebastian quickly caught her.

And once again, he felt her warmth against him. Her soft body, the smell of her hair, and their close proximity.

Sebastian's heart raced.

"What in the world is happening to me?" he thought.