Axel x reader

requested by: YukiBunnie0950

╔══《✧》══╗

As I spread out the blanket on my bed, I take a step back to see the full picture. Hm, no.. it doesn't look even. I grab one of the corners of this blanket and move it a little towards me. Taking a step back once again, I look at it in awe. Now this is perfect! Huh, did I say perfect? I say that very rarely.. Well, that makes me even more proud of my work! Everything was just sparkling around me. I felt a strong resistance to doing practically anything, afraid to ruin the magic atmosphere this room held. I swiftly left my bedroom and moved to the living room, where I carefully sat on the couch. Honestly, my current demeanor is creeping me out. Sure, I do care a lot about things looking clear and organized, but never to this degree.

That being said, I knew clearly why I was behaving like this. I just care a little too much about preparing for tonight's sleepover! It's not just me looking and judging my house, it's also another person doing it! And that is a huge difference. To be honest, considering the person that will come over, spending time like this is very worth it, to avoid creating a bad first impression. After all, that person is someone I never expected to care about (or be cared for), someone who is a total opposite of me and my beliefs. And it's my duty to-

Someone loudly banged on my door! I jumped and immediately rushed to the front door, carefully stepping widely so I don't make the carpet even a little bit messy. I check through the peephole. It's her! I thought to myself. After fumbling over with the thumbturn lock, I spread the door wide open. Behind it was none other than Axel.

I smiled and waved, "H-Hi! So glad you made it here."

She blinked a few times, fixing the duffle bag on her shoulder, "Hey."

I looked at the street behind her, "Wow.. The weather is so nice outside."

She turned her head to the direction I was looking, "It's just sunny, nothing special."

"Oh," I let out a chuckle. "Okay, well, If you think so.."

Her gaze kept shifting from me to the inside of my house. She cleared her throat, "May I come in?"

"O-Oh, of course!" I moved aside as I let her in, "my bad."

As she untied her white sneakers, dropped her duffle bag and started walking around the house, I caught myself not being able to take my eyes off her. She looked very differently today — and no wonder, we're having a sleepover! However, it did quite suit her. She was wearing a white zip-up hoodie with gray pockets and drawcords. And a little lower she was wearing black joggers with white stripes on the sides and red drawcords. But by the end of the day, the most precious thing about her appearance is what's natural: her face. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen... I could feel my cheeks flush with pink. And they have turned red as I think more about her personality.

I'm not gonna lie, at first her behaviour brushed me the wrong way. I mean, who wouldn't consider someone's main purpose to prepare for all kinds of apocalypses a little strange? Over time though, I found myself drawn to it. Now she doesn't look like a weirdo to me, but rather like a very interesting person! Someone who makes me determined to do things for them.

A sudden commotion in my kitchen made me get out of my head. I quickly made my way to it, wondering what Axel could be doing there. I peeked from the door, only to see her observing what was on the table. Ugh.. Did I forget to put the bowl with snacks into its respective cabinet? She seemed to sense my presence and, not taking her eyes off the food, asked, "Are these chips and.. crackers?"