5. Don't Fear the Reaper

Warnings- light smut, slight cussing, toxicity.

Unable to move, I remained dumbfounded, going over Bucky's words in my head.

"I take acting seriously, Montgomery. It isn't fair to other actresses that killed for an audition. But see they use their mouth to speak. Not to suck cock."

I've been belittled by Steve numerous times now and maybe picked on by Bucky, but I never thought he could hurt me in such a way with words. I thought we were going in a different direction, but I found myself back on the highway of hell next to Steve.

"Blair, I'm talking to you." He nudges my elbow and I come back to life. "Hello, am I talking to myself?" He says, annoyed.

"H-Huh?" I shake my head hazily, causing his lips to depart a sigh.

"Don't tell me you're still hung up on what Bucky said." he rolls his eyes.

I now frown. "Well sorry that I am, but his words hurt me and they are not true. Everyone is still looking at me and now I'm going to be the talk of the town for the rest of filming!" I whisper shout.

He makes a hand gesture to keep my volume to a minimum. He looks around and laughs apologetically at the people around us.

"Come here." He clutches my arm and we walk out to the balcony. I tug away from his hold and lean over the railing, sighing deeply as he closes the sliding door.

"Where did Bucky get that from?" I think out loud. I turn around and give Steve a suspicious eyebrow. "What did you tell him when you told him to stay behind? Did you spread this rumor?" I ask cautiously.

He was in a jealous rampage. So it would make sense.

He chuckles and shakes his head. "Please do I look like a woman to you? Why would I spread gossip that could affect my reputation too? Have you thought about that?"

"What would I benefit from that huh?" He probes, slightly angry.

"I-I don't know, okay. It's just I have never been humiliated like that before Steve! I'm so embarrassed. I don't know if I can go on with the movie. Especially now that James hates me again." I sniffle, not realizing I broke a few tears.

"Hey, don't cry alright?" He steps close enough and pulls me in for a hug, his way of comforting me, and surprisingly I did feel at ease in his arms. "SSH, don't cry baby." His hand caresses my hair. I wrap my hands around his waist and nuzzle deep into his chest.

"I want to go home. Please, Steve, send me home. I don't want to do this anymore."

He lifts my chin so I can look at him. "I didn't figure you as a quitter, Blair. I know you're not. You're just emotional right now. You don't want to go home. I've seen your eyes widen in excitement before you film a scene or how your voice fills in excitement whenever I say action. You like acting. You shouldn't leave because James thinks differently of you. In this industry, you have to have thick skin babe. Believe me, James is going to be one of many who will come at you with a rumor. You just have to ignore them and keep your head held high cause you kid, have a fucking talent." He wiped tears away in between his sentences.

He wasn't wrong when he said my excitement about acting. I grow fond of it in the course of a few days. It's different from modeling but there's a powerful feeling about it when you act like a different person.

"You truly think I have talent?" I ask.

He nods. "Yes. I believe in you." His words cause my heart to somersault. He believes in me. No one has ever believed in me not even my mother.