351-360

Chapter 351 – Helping Out

The girl fell silent for a moment upon hearing this.

Evidently, she understood Lu Xia’s intention. Based on their English conversation just now, she also guessed that Lu Xia was likely an English major student. But she believed her and was willing to help.

“Thank you, I know what to do now.”

Seeing tears in the girl’s eyes, Lu Xia managed to force a smile, though she felt quite uneasy herself.

“It’s alright, I’m just offering a suggestion. The rest depends on you. By the way, classes for the English department start at eight o’clock tomorrow morning and end at eleven-thirty in the afternoon. You can wait at the teaching building.”

The girl nodded. Her mind was in disarray at the moment, but she kept repeating her gratitude, “Thank you.”

Lu Xia sighed, unsure of what else to say. Knowing her identity, Lu Xia couldn’t let her stay in the dormitory anymore. So she spoke up, “I think you should stay at an inn tonight. Just in case you get sick tomorrow, it’ll be hard to deal with if you’re not well.”

The girl nodded again, agreeing, “I know, I’ll go later. I was thinking about saving money before, just in case I wasn’t admitted to Peking University. I’d have to spend time going to other schools to inquire, so I wanted to save some.”

Listening quietly, Lu Xia pondered. Did this mean that she was certain she got admitted to Peking University now? Just based on the name Xie Guifang?

Lu Xia didn’t say much more. “You probably don’t know the location of the inn, right? Should I take you there?”

This time the girl didn’t refuse, “Sure, thank you!”

Lu Xia didn’t waste time either. When it was about time, she escorted the girl to the place she had arranged to meet Jiang Junmo.

After Jiang Junmo arrived and saw the extra person, he didn’t ask much. Together, they took her to the inn near Peking University.

They waited until she had completed her check-in before leaving.

On their way back, Lu Xia finally mentioned this matter to Jiang Junmo.

After listening, Jiang Junmo fell silent for a while before asking, “Have you confirmed that what she said is true?”

Lu Xia sighed, “More or less. Mainly, the strong sense of inconsistency that Xie Guifang gave me earlier. She clearly got into the English department, yet her English is so poor. She knows very few words. She doesn’t seem like someone who passed the supplementary exam.”

And she used to think Xie Guifang had hearing issues. During the beginning of the school year, she had to call her several times before she responded.

But thinking back, it’s likely that she wasn’t called by that name before, so she didn’t realize she was being addressed.

However, this kind of situation had become less frequent recently, indicating that she had grown accustomed to being called that name.

Jiang Junmo nodded after listening, “No matter what, you’ve genuinely helped this Xie Guifang. Whether she can sort things out from here on, that’s up to her.”

“Yeah, this matter isn’t easy to handle. If everything she said turns out to be false, there’s only so much I can do to help.”

Jiang Junmo nodded, seeing that her mood wasn’t great. He reached out and patted her head, “Don’t overthink it. Everyone has their own path. Since she’s found Peking University, she’ll eventually figure things out.”