just tell me

y/n age: 13

tw:// mentions of sa

"y/n are you almost ready? travis is gonna be here any minute!" mom yelled. i just rolled my eyes and sat on my bed. i didn't want to go. i'm mad that my mom has another boyfriend. i just want it to be me and her. no men. especially with what happened with my moms last boyfriend matty. i haven't told my mom about it. matty said he'd do worse if i told.

"y/n come on! why aren't you dressed?!" mom said as she came in my room.

"i don't wanna go" i said.

"y/n come on this is very important to me" mom said as she sat down on my bed.

"is it though?" i said.

"yes y/n! i really want you to meet travis. i think he's really the one..." she said.

"when can i see dad." i said as i changed the subject.

"you just have to call him baby. but i need you to get ready. please?" mom said.

"ugh fine but don't expect me to be in a good mood." i said as i got up.

"come on y/n..." my mom said.

"hey at least i'm going" i called back.

"whatever. be down in like 15 minutes" mom said as she left my room.

i got ready, and as promised, 15 minutes later the doorbell rang.

"y/n come down!" mom called. i rolled my eyes and trudged my way downstairs.

"y/n i want you to meet travis." she said.

"why." i answered plainly.

"come on y/n we talked about this" she said through gritted teeth then flashed a smile to travis who was standing there awkwardly.

"y/n, travis. travis, y/n" mom said. i just looked at him.

"okay um this is awkward" he said with a light chuckle. "well we have reservations so we should probably get going" he said as he checked his phone.

we got into his car and made our way to the restaurant. i was silent the whole drive. mom and travis were talking up at storm and kissing at every freaking red light. ew. i was super uncomfortable. ever since what happened i've never been comfortable around men. once we got to the restaurant we all got out the car and we got walked to our private room to avoid people taking pictures of us while we ate.

once we sat down i immediately got on my phone.

"y/n please figure out what you want before you go on your phone." mom said. i sighed and picked up my menu. i didn't really have an appetite. i was too anxious. i decided to get a comfort food which was chicken tenders and fries from the kids menu. i put down my menu and went back to my phone.

"what are you getting y/n?" travis asked. i looked up from my phone before i swallowed.

"chicken tenders, sir" i said nervously.

"please just call me travis!" he chuckled. i let out a fake laugh and anxious smile. matty never let me call him 'matty'. i always had to call him sir or mr. healy.

"you okay?" mom asked. i nodded and bounced my leg under the table.

"um im gonna use the bathroom real fast" i said as i got up.

i went to the bathroom and just sat in there. i was way too anxious. i don't know how long i had been in here but my mom walked in with a worried tone in her voice

"y/n, baby? are you in here?" she asked.

"yeah..." i said weakly.

"are you okay?" she asked.