chapter 56

As Sia's taxi screeched to a halt in front of her home, her heart sank at the sight that greeted her. Flames danced hungrily, consuming her once warm and welcoming abode, sending plumes of thick smoke billowing into the sky. Panic clawed at her chest as she stumbled out of the vehicle, her eyes wide with horror.

"Kiyan! Jiya!" Sia's anguished cry tore through the air, her voice raw with desperation as she sprinted towards the inferno that was once her home. But her frantic dash was abruptly halted by the firm grasp of the police officers who had arrived at the scene, their faces grim with determination.

"Ma'am, you can't go in there! It's too dangerous!"

one of the officers shouted over the roar of the flames, their words falling on deaf ears as Sia struggled against their hold, her entire being consumed by a mother's primal instinct to protect her children.

"Let me go! My children! My husband! Where are they?"

Sia's voice cracked with anguish, her heart pounding in her chest as she searched desperately for any sign of her loved ones amidst the chaos.

The firefighters worked tirelessly to battle the raging inferno, their hoses spraying jets of water in a futile attempt to quell the flames. But the fire seemed to rage on relentlessly, devouring everything in its path with ruthless efficiency.

Sia's knees buckled beneath her as she watched helplessly, tears streaming down her face as she prayed fervently for her family's safety. Every fiber of her being screamed for her to rush into the burning building, to rescue her loved ones from the clutches of the merciless fire.

But as the flames continued to engulf her home, a sense of overwhelming despair threatened to consume her. How could this be happening? How could her once happy and peaceful life be reduced to ashes in the blink of an eye?

As the realization of her devastating loss sank in, Sia collapsed to the ground, her sobs echoing through the night air as she mourned the shattered remains of her once perfect life.

Sia continued to struggle against the firm grip of the police officers, her heartrending cries filled the air, echoing the desperation and fear that consumed her soul. The flames roared mercilessly, casting an eerie glow over the chaotic scene as smoke billowed into the night sky.

"Ma'am, please calm down,"

one of the officers urged, his voice tinged with sympathy as he attempted to reason with the distraught woman before him.

"We can't say anything right now. We don't know if they're inside or not. We have to wait until the fire calms down."

But Sia's anguish knew no bounds, her mind consumed by thoughts of her beloved family trapped within the inferno. How could she stay calm when her entire world was crumbling around her, when the very essence of her existence was threatened by the merciless flames?

"Sia, please, pull yourself together,"

a familiar voice broke through the chaos, and Sia turned to see Brie rushing towards her, her face etched with concern. With a sob of relief, Sia threw herself into Brie's arms, seeking solace in the embrace of her dear friend.

"Nothing will happen to them, my dear,"

Brie whispered soothingly, her arms wrapped protectively around Sia's trembling form.

"We'll get through this together. Stay strong."

As Sia clung to Brie, her heart heavy with fear and uncertainty, she felt a sense of calm wash over her, however fleeting. Brie's presence offered a glimmer of hope amidst the despair, a reminder that she was not alone in her darkest hour.