A Nightmarish Moving Problem

Eda and Owlbert play a card game while Luz, Delilah and King watch. Eda shuffles her hand, and the eyes on the card look up at her. Owlbert, wearing a green visor, narrows his eyes and hoots.

Eda: "Watch closely, you two. Hexes Hold'em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Any proper witch knows how to play."

Luz: "Oh boy, cards! The paper rectangles that old people and Delilah, think are fun! No offense."

Delilah: "None taken. Many card games just need alot of time to master. Older people have experience."

Eda: "That is true. But not me. I just have skill."

Eda puts a card down on the table. Lightning comes from the cards, sending Owlbert flying for cover behind the side of the table. The cards all stand and roar. Owlbert's surge forward and attack Eda's making Owlbert smirk.

Eda: "Now when it looks like the deck is stacked against you, that's when you break out the wildcard."

She holds up a card with a tower on it. It glows green, and Owlberts's cards disappear in a flash of fire. Fiery letters spell out 'WINNER: EDA' above the table, they soon vanish. Owlbert hops back on and hoots at Eda, his wings extended.

Eda: "Woo, I win! In your adorable owl face. Ah, I love the feeling of victory; it feels... fluffy?" Feathers grow from her arms, Delilah steps away, nervous. The Bed also stands inbetween her and Eda.

Eda: "Kid? You okay? I think your bed is-"

Luz: "Uh, Eda? It's happening again!"

Eda: "What's happening again?"

King: "Your curse is returning!" Eda yelps.

Eda rushes to a chest and opens it. Luz, Delilah and King rush over to see inside.

Eda: "Oh, boy."

All of the bottles in the chest are empty.

Eda: "This is terrible. I'm out of elixir."

Luz: "Uh, last time this happened, you turned into this thing." She holds up her phone, a picture of the Owl Beast on her screen.

Eda: "I know I should be repulsed, but that look is fierce."

Luz: "Eda! Remember last time? You hurt Delilah really bad! Then the Bed shot you THROUGH THE HOUSE!" Delilah flinches hearing this, the Bed revs up it's saw hand.

Eda: "You're right, you're right. We need to head to the market. Hopefully before the Bed crushes my skull." She laughs. But slowly stops as the Bed slowly twists its head, glaring at her.

Luz: "Market!" She stands and starts to leave.

King: "I'm stealing everything that's not nailed down!"

Eda: "Before we go, would anyone like to play one more hand of Hexes Hold'em?" She pats her pocket. "Hey, where are my cards?" Luz hands the deck to Owlbert.

Luz: "Take these and fly ahead. She'll have to follow us." Owlbert flies off. Eda runs after him.

Eda: "Owlbert, you sore loser, gimme back my cards!" She runs after him.

Delilah: "Last time I saw someone this invested in a card game, was when mom found those 'Cosmic Frontier' trading cards." Luz chuckles.

Luz: "Oh yeah! She had nearly every card." The sisters laugh. But Delilah pauses and looks where Eda ran to.

Delilah: "We should follow them before Eda gets the cards back."

Luz: "Right!" They follow Eda and Owlbert. The Bed notices that they're missing and rushes through the door.