10. An Unbroken Mother

"Oh, so what's the plan for today? Where do we start?" Jimin asked, his voice heavy with a hint of weariness as he settled into the passenger seat.

Jungkook sighed, staring ahead with a furrowed brow as he gripped the steering wheel. "Well, officially, we need to find out about y/n's boyfriend who just appeared out of nowhere," he said, his tone flat and resigned. "And unofficially, we need to find Yeri." There was a tension in his voice, a sense of frustration and concern that mirrored Jimin's own feelings.

"Yeri... I don't understand why that girl didn't even try to save y/n," Jimin said, his voice tinged with frustration and disbelief.

Jungkook nodded, a deep frown creasing his forehead as he thought about y/n. "Yeah, it's hard to wrap my head around it too," he muttered. "Would y/n have regretted saving her?" The question hung heavy in the air, filled with doubt and sorrow.

************

In the hospital, Jungkook and Jimin knocked on the door of Jisoo's cabin. "Yes, come in," came the reply from inside.

They entered to find Jisoo giving instructions to her junior doctor and a nurse. "Check her pulse regularly, and if there's the slightest change in her temperature, call me immediately, okay?" Jisoo said, her tone firm and focused.

The doctor and nurse nodded. "Okay, doctor," they responded in unison.

"You may go," Jisoo added, and they nodded again before leaving the cabin.

Jisoo looked at the two people who had entered the cabin, a tiny smile playing on her lips. When she saw Jimin, her smile widened, and she stood up from her seat. Walking over to him, she enveloped him in a warm hug.

"Tae told me you were at the party too. I missed you, Chim," she said softly, holding him tightly as she tried to soak in the warmth and comfort from her best friend.

Jimin felt the same surge of warmth and familiarity, even though they had grown apart over time. The embrace reminded him that despite everything, their bond remained unchanged.

"I missed you too, Jis," he murmured, his voice filled with genuine emotion. Noticing the tension in her body, he gently pulled back to look at her face. "Are you okay? Is there any problem?" he asked, concern evident in his eyes.

Jisoo sighed and broke away from the hug, gesturing for them to sit in the chairs. Once they were seated, she continued, "It's about y/n. Last night, there was internal bleeding, and she's not showing any signs of improvement. I felt like she had given up."

Jungkook and Jimin exchanged worried glances, their faces etched with concern. Jungkook, in particular, felt as if a heavy weight had settled on his heart. He couldn't understand why he felt such an intense pain, an unknown hurt that he couldn't decipher. The thought of y/n giving up filled him with a deep sense of dread and helplessness.

Jisoo continued, her voice heavy with emotion, "Each of her bruises tells a story of how fiercely she fought those monsters, and those glass particles I removed from her private.."

She paused, her eyes welling up with tears. "I can't even begin to imagine how much pain and humiliation she must have endured," she whispered, a tear rolling down her cheek. The weight of y/n's suffering hung heavily in the air, casting a somber shadow over the room.

Despite her professional demeanor and years of experience, there were moments when even Jisoo, a seasoned doctor, couldn't suppress her emotions. This was one of those cases. No matter how many walls she had built around herself to shield her from the emotional toll of her work, some cases had a way of breaking through.