chapter 7

"Boa noite, Rio! This is the final countdown to Carnaval! Let's samba,"announced a man on the radio.

Sylvio slowly wiggles his body to the beat as he ripps off his uniform to reveal his shiny  gold carnival costume underneath.

He starts dancing but suddenly stops as he suspects a noise.He took his portable light as he opens the door to the treatment room.

A cockatoo scared and withered shivers making the man pity."Aw. Come here, poor little birdie. Aw, It's okay. I got you. I got you"

The cockatoo then covers his mouth shoving it with a cloth causing him to faint.

The bird stands on top of him as he takes the keys away flying over to the entrance.

"Excuse me. Please. I am trying to sleep,"groaned Blu as he couldn't bear the sounds of a rock smashing the vent.

"Oh, I'm sorry, sleepyhead. I'm trying to escape!"said Jewel sarcastically

"Escape? Why?"he questioned,"The cage is awesome."

"The cage..."she laughed,"Oh, what was I thinking? I wouldn't expect a pet to understand."

"Pet? Did you just call me a pet? For the record, I am not a pet. I am a companion. And you know what? Do whatever you want, 'cause tomorrow morning, Linda and Dew will come for me and this whole nightmare will be over."said Blu as he tucked himself under a leaf

" Incredible. You would rather be with a-a-a human than your own kind,"

"Well, that human has given me love and affection for the 15 years, whereas my own kind tried to strangle me after 15 seconds!And for the record,I have a sister who's much better!"

" Yeah, well, because of them, I've lost everything. You can't trust them,"she gasped as the door to her enclosure opened

"Of course, you can trust humans,"he hears Jewel flying away soon grunting in retaliation

"Jewel? Jewel," he questioned as he sees a man hover over him,"Oh. Hi, there."

The spix yelled as a man drapes a bag over his head.

-✧⁠◝▿◜⁠✧-

"Be good Dew,"said the woman as she placed the spix back to the cage.

The macaw squacked in response.

"Shall we,"suggested the doctor towards Linda.

"It was Nice of you to join me for dinner. I often eat alone. Oh, uh, because, of course, my work."said the doctor fiddling on the dinner table in an open restaurant.

" I thought I was the bird nut, until I met you,"chuckled Linda

"Yes. Right. Do you have a favorite bird?"

"Well, obviously, I'm a blue macaw kind of gal."

" That makes sense,"he chuckled ,"They are very handsome birds."

"Actually, it's the brains I'm more attracted to. I'm not so impressed by fancy feathers,"the woman added

"I know exactly what you mean. My favorite bird is the spotted owl. I've always been mesmerized by those big, round, intelligent eyes,"stated Tulio looking at Linda's eyes which appeared to be big, round, and intelligent-looking.

"Ha ha! Picanha!"shouted the waiter as he started cutting chicken hearts from the skewer onto a plate, to which the woman screamed in fear.

" Chicken hearts? Flambada!,"exclaimed the second waiter setting flame to the plate,the heat turning the woman's glasses black.

"Oh! Ooh!"she chuckled ,"Chicken hearts,"the woman then laughed nervously as she stabbed burning heart with her fork and blew on it,"Oh, gosh. Ahh! Oh! Fhu!"

The sounds of a rooster interrupted her as the doctor raised his phone to respond to the call.

" Oh, Hello?,"his smile soon fell causing the woman to become distressed.