chapter 4

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ Anastasia ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

"Tell me everything. And I mean everything," Claire squealed, setting two mugs of hot chocolate down on the table.

"Okay, it was good. It started off kind of weird because he picked me up from Johnnys," I explained, remembering back to last night.

"Oh my god! Did he know it was Johnnys house?" Claire asked, eyes wide with excitement.

"Yeah, that was the first thing he asked. Then it only got worse when Johnny said hey to Mark!" I nodded my head.

Claire laughed, hot chocolate nearly coming out of her nose.

"Shite! Did Mark get upset over that?" She asked, clearly amused by my experience.

"Not upset. But he did ask if Johnny and I had something going on," I sighed.

"Did you get flashbacks to dating Ryder?" Claire asked, tucking a stray curl behind her ear.

"Sort of. Once I explained that Johnny and I are just friends he was understanding," I smiled, grateful Mark listened to me.

Claire nodded and took a bite of her muffin.

"Then he kissed me," I mumbled, blushing at the thought of it.

"Oh my god! How was it?" Claire chirped, eyes lighting up with excitement.

"It was alright. It didn't change my life but it wasn't bad," I shrugged.

Claire waggled her eyebrows at me and smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"So will there be a second date?" Claire questioned.

"I think so," I smiled.

My sunshiny friend squealed and leapt across the table to hug me.

"Can I ask what Johnny thinks of this?" Claire deadpanned.

"It seems like he hates Mark but it might just be because he's scared of him hurting me," I replied, biting into my scone.

"Yeah, Johnny is protective over you," Claire smirked.

No complaints.

"Mhm he's a great best friend," I muttered.

Claire raised an eyebrow at me and gave me a look.

Claire had known about my past crushes on Johnny. She wanted me to go for it but I refused, once you go for it there's no going back.

I never told Johnny I've had crushes on him for fear of it ruining our friendship.

"No Claire, I don't like him again," I chuckled, immediately shutting her down.

"Okay Stassie whatever you say. But one day you guys will get together, I can sense it," She grinned.

Yeah right.

"Speaking of getting together one day, how's Gibs?" I snickered, flipping the conversation on her.

"He's grand. Same old avoiding my feelings," She mumbled, picking a crumb off her muffin.