chapter 8

˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ Anastasia ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗

After I had slammed my own bedroom door on Johnny I sprinted to the bathroom to cry. I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do now that Johnny was in my room.

Do I wait for him to leave? Or do I go back in there and talk it out?

I stared out the window and saw that Johnnys Audi was still parked in the driveway.

Fuck my life.

I took a few deep breaths and slowly walked back to my room. This was Johnny, my best friend forever, we could get past this.

"Hi," I practically whispered as I entered my bedroom.

Johnnys attention immediately shifted from his phone to me.

"Stas, I'm so sorry for whatever I did. I promise didn't mean to," He blurted out, leaning forward to look at me.

"It's fine Johnny. I'm just having a bad day. Can we forget it and just watch a film?" I muttered, joining him on my bed.

"Yeah of course. You can pick whatever one," He smiled at me.

I slipped under the blankets and threw them on top of Johnny as well.

I reached for my tv remote and scrolled until I found a film to watch.

"My mum and I got in a giant fight," I sighed, snuggling under the blankets.

"Stas, I'm really sorry. What happened?" He questioned with a worried look on his face.

"When I got home early from school she freaked out. She said my 'fit' at dinner was absolutely disrespectful," I explained, "and that she refused to put up with my attitude."

"Jesus. I hate the way she speaks to you. I'm so sorry, no wonder you're upset," Johnny frowned, reaching for his phone.

I eyed him suspiciously before he replied, "just texting my mam that I'm here."

I nodded reaching for my stuffed penguin named Randel.

"You still have that thing?" Johnny laughed, noticing Randel.

"Yes Johnathan. Randel has been here through it all," I whacked Johnny in the chest.

"I remember when you used to drag that thing around my house when you'd sleepover," He chuckled.

"Yeah? Well remember that baby doll you slept with until you were twelve," I smirked, making Johnnys eyes narrow.

"Anastasia you swore you'd never bring that up," He whined, causing me to laugh.

"Then don't make fun of Randel," I stuck my tongue out at him.

This is what I love about Johnny, if I tell him to change the subject he does, no questions asked.

If we could forget about the almost kiss then we could go back to normal and I could ignore my crush on him.

"So when did you decide to date Mark?" Johnny muttered, making my face flush.