Chapter 32

In the morning, Lakshya woke up first.

It seemed none of them moved an inch throughout the night. Except, when he moved his head, his hair protested.

The tug awoke Shreya.

Lakshya stopped the movement and turned his head back before Shreya completely woke up.

He watched her through the process as she adjusted to the brightness of the day.

"Good morning."

"Morning," she said.

Lakshya held her hand that was tugging at his hair. "Am I handsome?"

She looked at him for a moment and then nodded with a soft smile before she took her hand back.

"You're beautiful too, Shrey."

Shreya was slow to respond. The first thought she had was that he called her a little differently. Then the words started making sense. He called her beautiful.

After looking into his eyes for a long time, just as Lakshya started to doubt if he said something wrong, she smiled and looked away.

Another new thing that happened that day was the date Shreya had asked the previous night.

It was their first date after marriage, and second date in all.

Lakshya decided on everything related to this date. He told her they'd be going to the beach. Shreya wore a pink beach frock.

Seeing her dressed up, Lakshya was dazed for a few moments. He had to admit, sex was on his mind for some days now. He had a taste and then he was left to thirst. Now looking at her supple hands from shoulders down to fingertips, and the soft skin of her legs and her delicate ankles... he had to concentrate on something else.

He turned away and looked into his phone. Maybe tonight they could do something. With so many thoughts each going astray on tangents, he managed to start his bike.

Shreya rode the bike quite a lot of times by now as he dropped and picked her up from the lab. But this time it was different. She felt conscious.

"Hold tight," he said as if to alleviate her.

Shreya leaned on his back and put her arms around his waist.

After some time, she rested her head on his back. She faced to one side and her cheek pressed to him.

The moment Lakshya felt it, every single thought of her soft body flew out of his mind. With a jolt, he called out, "Shrey?"

"Hm?"

"Don't you dare fall asleep! I didn't forget your nap on our first date. You can't do that again!"

She lifted her head and he relaxed.

"Sorry... You must have still felt bad... even if I did not mean anything and you had a girlfriend."

"What?" Lakshya did not hear properly. The air wasn't helpful at all at the speed he rode and her words were lost in the wind flowing against them.

"I won't sleep." Shreya shouted this time.

They reached the beach when the sun was around 30 degrees above horizon. They easily had an hour before sunset.

"Wanna go into the water?" Lakshya asked as he folded his pants to his knees.

"Yeah."

They left their footwear in the sand and walked along the shoreline.

The strong sound of the waves crashing against one another was soothing in its own way on one side and the evening chirping of birds as they returned to their nests added a chaotic but pleasant overtone from the other side.