Day 1 - Fruity

JULY 3RD, Day 1: Fruity (e.g. Black currant)

"So what exactly is in this Sasha?
Mikasa spied the concoction before her. It was red with several different things floating about in it. 
Sasha grinned, pouring the suspicious liquid into a glass and said,"Taste it and see if you can guess."

Mikasa took the glass and smelt it. It had a sweet and fruity fragrance. She reluctantly took a sip and was sure she could taste cranberries. But something else overpowered the cranberries by a mile. 

"There's alcohol in this." Mikasa did not ask Sasha, but stated it. Sasha giggled in response. 

Mikasa shook her head, "How did you even get your hands on it?"

 Sasha lowered her voice, "Well you know those potatoes that went missing..." One of Mikasa's
eyebrows rose, she already knew where this was going.

"See, I know this guy in Trost District that makes the most awesome moonshine. This particular brand of his is called Titan Tears. He brewed it up especially for the party!"

The Survey Corps had been doing well in the last 9 months or so. Trost District had been reclaimed from the titans and there had been a reduction in the number of deaths sustained to the Corps. There had not been time to celebrate Eren's sealing of the wall in Trost District at the time, and Commander Erwin had decided that by having a time for the Scouts to socialise could raise morale.

 "Don't you think people might notice?" Mikasa asked.

 "Well I've made up a few bowls of this stuff, some with Titan Tears and some without – for those that don't want any." Sasha replied. "Plus I'm letting people know so that there are no nasty surprises."
"What about the officers, like Commander Erwin and Captain Levi. Don't you think they might have something to say about this?"

"Well...I wasn't planning on telling them. They might want to unwind and relax just like the rest of us – and I'm pretty sure both of them drink. If they start asking questions about who snuck some booze in there, everyone will keep their mouths shut." Sasha finished with a wink.

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

The Survey Corps Headquarters was beyond the walls of Wall Maria deep in the forest and very secluded. Mikasa was standing in front of the mirror in the girl's dormitory. All of the girls were getting dressed up in dresses and dolling themselves up. Mikasa felt out of place. She only had one dress, it was simple and blue but it would have to do. It fit nicely, but compared to the other girls she didn't feel as pretty like the other girls looked.

"Mikasa?" A quite voice asked. Mikasa turned to see Krista in a lovely mint green dress.

"I was wondering if you wanted me to do something different with your hair for tonight?"

"I'm relieved that you asked Krista. I have no idea what to do with myself right now." Mikasa smiled. Krista had always been kind since they first met as recruits in the 104th.

"How about if I pin your hair up?" Krista asked, "It'll show of how pretty you are"

Mikasa didn't know how to respond. "I'll let you decide with whatever you think will look best."

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

The dining room had been rearranged to accommodate to the party. A spot for the musicians had been set up in the corner of the room and their instruments were being set up. The dining tables had been pushed to the side and were being used as a makeshift bar. Drinks were laid out on the tables as well as some snack food. The room was packed full of the scouts of the Survey Corps, although Mikasa did have trouble recognising them without their uniforms on.

She scanned the room, trying to find Eren and Armin. She hadn't seen them all day. After a while of trying and failing to find them, she gave up looking and decided to get herself a drink. Sasha had let everyone know that the punch with the Titan Tears could be identified by the limes in the bowls. Mikasa poured herself a glass and took a seat by the window. As she sipped her drink she watched the band set up their equipment, and tried once again to scour the crowd to find her friends.