~Through the Portal~

I spent weeks and weeks looking for any sign of who my father could be. I get frustrated when I get to a dead end and I look angrily at the envelope. That's when I realize there's a symbol on the envelope. It looks similar to an inverted pentagram but it's a bit different with a few more details. I call out for Amethyst. "Amethyst! Come here!" She opens the door and walks over next to me. She plays with my hair gently. "What is it?" she says. I relax a bit with her fingers in my hair and I lift up the envelope. "What does this mean?" I ask. "...that...I'm not so sure. It's familiar but not enough to where I know what it means." Amethyst says and lets go of my hair. "Maybe we should go to a library?" she says. "No! Libraries on our planet hold lots of FALSE information!" I say.

"Then, we'll have to find a wizard." she states. "A wizard?" I ask, wanting her to elaborate on the subject. "Yeah, a Wizard of Wisdom." she says. I give her a clueless and confused look. She sighs and sits down next to me. "They are like really old and wise warlocks. Except they are more powerful and harder to find." Amethyst explains. "Oh..alright. How do we find one?"' I ask. "Well first we need to find someone who can access a portal. The reason the wizards are so hard to find is they pass on to the afterlife quickly, and basically almost all of them are dead." she explains. I raise an eyebrow. "Why can't we go to the afterlife?" I ask before she gives me a gentle slap on the cheek. "We aren't that strong you weirdo!" Amethyst says. I give an awkward look. "Oh...okay." I say quietly. "Alright pack a bag lets go, I know someone." Amethyst says and ruffles my hair before walking away. I look excited as I start to think about the journey we are about to take. I start to pack a bag full of things I need while she walks around the house, packing her own bag. After a few minutes we finish packing and walk over to Amethyst. I take her hand and we start to walk out the door.

We walk down the path and I grow drowsy from losing so much sleep from the stress of wondering where my real dad is and why I haven't known about this. Eventually I get so sleepy i'm nearly falling over. I lean on Amethyst and murmur. "I'm tired.." I rest my head on her shoulder and she comes to halt. "Do you want me to carry you?" she asks. I nod and she picks me up bridal style so I can rest against her chest. I give a tired smile and close my eyes as I begin to doze off. Later, I wake up laying against a tree. I look to my left and see Amethyst talking to a nice lady with purple long curly hair and green sparkly eyes. "mm...Amethyst?" I  whisper and look at her in a daze. She smiles softly at me and crouches down, patting my head. "This is the lady who can get us access to a portal. Her name is Sophie." she says. I tilt my head to the side and give a slight wave to Sophie. "Um..hi." I say quietly. She waves back calmly. "Sorry, she's a bit dazed when she wakes up." Amethyst says and tries to help me up. "You have pretty hair..." I murmur and point to Sophie's pretty purple hair. She smiles at me and Amethyst motions for me to follow her. I walk sluggishly beside Amethyst into Sophie's house, with Sophie behind us.

We enter the house and step into a living room, sitting on the couch while Sophie leans against a wall, facing us. The interior has pretty dark wooden floors and spruce walls. There are gorgeous paintings hung up on the walls. Mythical creatures, animals, witches, and some are dead wizards are some of the things included in these pretty pieces of art. "Did you draw these?" I ask softly and rub my eyes. She nods and smiles at my tired expression. "I'm a painter, as well as a witch." she says. "So, what is the wizard we are after?" Amethyst asks, her arm gently moving to wrap around my shoulder. "His name is Soka." she says. "Just Soka?" Amethyst questions curiously, as Sophie nods once again. "I will make a portal for you to go through. It will take about 10 hours to complete. When you do go through the portal later tonight, you have 50 hours to find this wizard before the portal closes." Sophie explains. "What happens if we get stuck?" I murmur as I start to fully wake up. "You die and get trapped in the afterlife." she says as my eyes widen in realization. I might die in a few days.

 Amethyst slowly looks at my nervous face and rubs my back. "You'll be fine. I'm sure of it." she says softly. "How about I carry you home and make your favorite food? Hm?" Amethyst offers and I nod. She thanks Sophie and picks me up, carrying me back down the pathway in the forest. "What will happen if we die..?" I mumble. "We vanish and become stuck in the afterlife, like Sophie said." she responds. "I know but I mean like, in a different way." I murmur and keep thinking about what my spirit would do without Amethyst. I don't know why but I need her with me. Forever. "Hmm...I guess we would just die together." she stops for a moment to think before speaking again.

"I don't mind dying if it's with you."

Those words squeeze every amount of emotion I have out of my heart. I hug her tightly while she carries me and she looks down at me with a worried expression. "Hey... Hey...what's wrong?" she ruffles my hair as we approach her home. "I've just...never...." I pause. "That's the nicest thing...anyone has ever said to me." She gives me a saddened smile and carries me inside after she unlocks the cottage door. Amethyst sets me down on the couch and goes to the kitchen to cook for me. She gets flour, eggs, baking powder, and all the other ingredients to make me strawberry muffins. She knows my favorite food... "How do you know?" I mumble. "I just do." Amethyst says and works on mixing the ingredients.

 Amethyst walks down the dirt path with me to Sophie's house, her two golden swords in hand. I carry my blade in my bag full of supplies. We walk up to the pretty home and knock on the door. "Sophie, we're here." Amethyst shouts, her hair swaying ever so slightly from the breeze outside. The door slowly creaks open and we walk inside, Sophie holding a book, and a rope. "Tie this rope around your waist, one of you. It's so I can pull you guys back into our world before the timer is up." she orders. I grab the rope and let Sophie tightly tie it around my waist, leaving a long bit behind for her to hold on. She ties the leftover rope around a chair, leaving me connected to it. "Uh... how does this work?" I ask. "I put a spell on the rope to make it stretch." she murmurs before pointing to the portal in front of me and Amethyst. I reach for Amethyst's hand to hold while we both step inside. Then, everything goes dark.