Chapter 28

5 months later

Y/N has been in a coma for 5 months, and every day I come by and speak to her and our baby.

"Good morning, my love...I've painted the nursery...I hope it's a color you'll like but if not I'll repaint it. Julia has been helping me get everything ready...but I still haven't wanted to know if our baby is a girl or a boy...I'm still waiting for you..."

I brushed her hair as I spoke like I have been doing every morning that I stop by.

"I miss you so much...it's not the same without you at home...please wake up soon..." I kiss her forehead and place a kiss gently on her belly that's started to grow before I walk out the hospital room.

On the drive home I stop by the hardware store and pick up the order I'd placed for the crib and rocking chair set. Once I'd gotten it and gotten home I took everything and assembled it. I'd painted the room a soft grey and accented the wall in a darker grey. The furniture was a dark auburn that could pair with warmer colors or cooler colors depending on the gender of our baby...

After everything was assembled the doorbell rang, I opened the door to see Julia holding a basket of diapers and bottles wrapped in swaddling blankets. She handed me the basket and hugged me as I let her in the house.

"Good morning Julia..."

"Good morning William...any news?"

I sighed, "No, but her vitals are still doing well...so that's a good thing."

"Yeah...I supposed it is. Do you miss her?"

"Every day...I go in there every day hoping she'll be awake, looking at me as I walk through the door."

"She may not be awake now but she'll wake up soon, she's a fighter..."

"I know, that hope is the only thing that's keeping me afloat..."

I poured a small glass of bourbon for myself and offered Julia one as well.

"No thanks...like a normal person I can not stomach bourbon at ten in the morning." She smirked as she pulled a bottle of wine from the cabinet and poured a glass. "I only drink wine in the mornings"

We tapped our glasses together before I downed my drink and she just sipped on hers.

"Try to take it easy William...don't tear yourself apart." She commented as I poured another.

" 's not my plan. These are what get me through my days...I never drink more than two though."

"Alright...I'll make sure Henry checks on you in a bit okay?"

"That's fine," I walked to the nursery and leaned against the door frame.

She should be here...decorating the walls...singing as she fiddled with something that she snatched from my office. We should be making memories, in this room.

I've been trying to make a memory book with each ultrasound I've gotten from the doctors but it's missing so much it's heartbreaking. We haven't had a baby shower...or a gender reveal party. None of the fruit comparisons to the kiddos size...pictures of her baby bump growing, none of it.