Chapter 18

As the figure advanced towards them, their intentions menacing and their presence ominous, Harry and Hermione exchanged a wary glance, their hearts pounding with a mixture of fear and determination. They had to act fast, to defend themselves against this unknown assailant and protect each other at all costs.

With a flick of their wand, the figure muttered an incantation, summoning a torrent of acidic spells hurtling towards them. Harry and Hermione reacted instinctively, raising their arms and casting a powerful Protego shield to block the onslaught.

The acid sizzled and hissed against the magical barrier, but Harry and Hermione held firm, their determination fueling their magic as they braced themselves against the attack.

But the figure wasn't finished yet. With a sinister grin, they muttered another incantation, summoning bolts of dark energy that crackled and sparked with malevolent intent.

Harry and Hermione darted and dodged, their movements swift and precise as they evaded the deadly spells. But the figure was relentless, their attacks coming faster and fiercer with each passing moment.

With a surge of desperation, Harry unleashed his ice breath, the freezing cold air slicing through the air with deadly precision. But the figure was quick, dodging and weaving with unnatural speed, their movements like shadows flickering in the darkness.

Meanwhile, Hermione focused her magic, channeling the power of the flames that danced within her fingertips. With a fierce determination, she unleashed a torrent of fire, the flames roaring and crackling as they engulfed the figure in a fiery inferno.

For a moment, the room was filled with the sound of crackling flames and icy winds, the air thick with tension and anticipation. And then, with a final burst of energy, Hermione's fire spell struck true, the force of the impact sending the figure crashing to the ground, unconscious and defeated.

With a sense of relief washing over them, Harry and Hermione approached cautiously, their wands at the ready as they prepared to confront their attacker. And as they bound the figure's hands with frozen shackles, ensuring they wouldn't escape, they couldn't help but feel a sense of satisfaction knowing that they had prevailed against the forces of darkness once again.

As the figure lay unconscious on the floor, Harry and Hermione exchanged a wary glance. With their wands still at the ready, they cautiously approached, ready to unmask their attacker and discover who had dared to ambush them.

Hermione knelt down, her fingers trembling slightly as she reached for the figure's hood. With a swift motion, she pulled it back, revealing a face that sent a shockwave of disbelief through both of them.

"Malfoy?" Harry exclaimed, his voice a mix of confusion and anger.

Draco Malfoy, his usual sneer replaced by a look of grim determination, slowly regained consciousness. He groaned, blinking up at them with a malevolent glint in his eyes.

"You'll never win, Potter," Malfoy spat, his voice laced with venom. "The Dark Lord will rise, and you'll all perish. This is only the beginning."

Harry's anger flared, his eyes glowing an icy blue as his magic surged in response to his fury. "What are you doing here, Malfoy? Working for Voldemort now? Attacking us in the dead of night?" His voice was cold and dangerous, a stark contrast to the usual warmth Hermione knew.

Draco's eyes widened slightly at the sight of Harry's transformation, but he managed to smirk. "You think you can stop us? You think your bloodline will save you? You're deluding yourself, Potter. The Pendragon lineage is nothing but a myth."

Harry's rage boiled over, the room growing colder as frost began to form on the walls. He took a step closer, his fists clenched, ready to unleash his ice breath in a moment of unrestrained fury.