→ 𝐈.𝐕𝐈𝐈

.

ACT I
CHAPTER VII

the nightmare

ELOWYN RUNS right besides Zoë as they move towards the big house. There is an urgency in their steps as they run uphill. Her hands in her sisters as Elowyn tries to reassure her sister everything will be alright as the big house is getting closer and closer. It is in the middle of the night, seeing the moon Elowyn would guess around 3 am.

The big blonde guy with eyes all over his body stands before the big house. Elowyn eyes filled with concern for her sister. "Zoë, it is going to be alright," Elowyn sighs, still unable to get through to the lieutenant. "We are safe, and Lady Artemis is a goddess, it will be fine."

The brunette shakes her head, "you didn't see what I saw, I need to speak to Chiron."

"I cannot let you in," the boy says, blocking the whole door, looking annoyed at the intrusion of the two hunters.

"Thee must let me in," Zoë's face becomes a little red, "thy cannot stand in between my sisters, me and my Lady Artemis. Thy must let me go through."

"What she is trying to say," the red head smiles thinly, "we barely have any time, this is about safety of Lady Artemis. She needs us huntress, so let us talk to Chiron."

Still the boy doesn't flinch or seem to change his mind, if anything he blocks the door even more.

"You are an ignorant lout," the lieutenant sneers, stepping up to stand right before the boy.

This seems to anger the boy, "I take no orders from two selfish ..."

Right then Chiron steps outside, a pyjama on and curlers in his ponytail. Elowyn would've chuckles if the situation wasn't this dire. No, her eyes are almost violet.

"I want permission to leave camp," Zoë says to the centaur, "immediately."

"I can't give you that," a knowing look on Chiron's face, "the hunters, including you two, have to stay until further orders from Artemis."

Elowyn's face falls as the brunette speaks up again. "But how can we get orders from Lady Artemis if Lady Artemis is gone?" Zoë's eyes become watery.

"It is best to let it rest for now," Chiron says, "back to bed, both of you."

Elowyn glares at the centaur before taking her sister with her back to their cabin. Her arm around the older girl protectively, giving the big blonde boy a glare that makes him flinch.

As the red head lies in her bed once more, worries for her sisters and Lady Artemis start to form. What if Zoë is right and their patroness it kidnapped, what would happen to the goddess and them? Going to camp was worrisome enough, this even worse. She closes her eyes and prays to her father to not let her have any nightmare's this night, Zoë's nightmare was enough to shake her up.

As the morning comes, all sisters look at the lieutenant. Who sadly had nothing to say to help their situation. Her strong front fallen slightly at her dream that still plays over and over again in her head.

"We will go on about our day," Elowyn speaks up, "tonight we play capture the flag and we shall see further after that." She sighs deeply, "any news will be good, but sadly Chiron wants us to wait on orders of our Lady Artemis." She shakes her head before smiling thinly at her sisters who all look as defeated as she herself feels. "Let those campers know nothing, our worries are our own, Chiron said so himself."

"So unfair," Naomi lays her head on Phoebe's shoulder, "why do we never get taken seriously in this kind of situations?"

"I wish I knew," their lieutenant gets up, "but we shall not let it rest. Lady Artemis said I have to lead you as she leads us. I will strive to make sure she is safe. Otherwise, we shall sneak out tonight to find her."

The rest of their day is quite boring, Elowyn simply wandering around the camp to see her sisters either picking fights or sticking together to deal with their grief.

She had seen her father giving the baby dragon food with the awful boy from last night, she scoffs as she walks further. Her eyes briefly falling on Percy who seems to be in a bad mood as well, whatever that might mean. She shrugs before walking straight into a camper.

"Oh," she stabilizes herself, "sorry, wasn't looking where I was walking." She looks straight into two mischievous smiles. Brothers, they might even be twins, her guess would be Hermes's offsprings. Her own mischief glinting in her eyes as she scowls at the boys.

"Good day to you two," the taller one of the two says, "I am Travis Stoll and that is Connor my little brother."

"Sons of Lord Hermes?" her eyebrow's raised; they are not twins; Elowyn is certain of it.

"Right on the money," Connor grins at her, "wanted to get to know you and your sisters better." There is nothing but trouble in his eyes, and still the red head grins back.

"How about you two give me my bracelet back first?" Her eyes on the younger one, "I know you took it; you bumped in me on purpose. Give it back and I might consider talking about my sisters."

Both their faces fall at her revelation, "how did you know?" Connor asks as he reluctantly hands the bracelet back, "are you secretly our sister?"

"No, by the gods no," she shakes her head, "with everything I heard about my mom, it makes sense who my father it. Who coincidently is a god, but not Lord Hermes."

"You don't need a godly parent to join the hunt?" the older boy asks as they lead the red head who looks very uncomfortable to a better viewpoint to see her sisters.

"Of course not," she points to one of the huntresses. "That one with the long blonde hair is Celeste, no trace of godly blood in her. One of the best shooters we have."

"And the other ginger?" Travis's smile is lopsided, nudging his younger brother.

"That is Phoebe, she has been almost the longest with the hunt, a legacy of Lord Apollo, our best healer." She shakes her head, "but some girls have minor gods as their parents." A thin smile on her face, "Penelope is a daughter of Lady Calliope, who is one of the muses." She points to one of her sisters, before pointing to another, "Naomi is a daughter of Lord Zephyrus, the god of the west wind."

"And you?" one of the Stoll brother's ask as her mind is now focused on her sister.

A cheeky grin spreads on Elowyn's face, "You might see it later tonight," she winks before running down the hill towards her sisters. "Just keep your eyes open, I am sure we will crush you all to the ground."