Chapter 57

As the family sleeps, Namjoon senses a large group approaching their home. He quickly gets up and turns to his wolf form. 

"What is wrong, Moon?" Seokjin wakes up when he senses his mate's agitation.

"There is someone approaching our home at a fast pace," Namjoon responds and steps out of their cabin.

Suddenly, the barrier at the entrance of their home is blasted open, waking Taehyung and Hoseok. Both pups rush out of their room as their father rushes toward the people invading their home.

"Take our pups and go!" Namjoon tells his mate as he attacks the wolves rushing into the clearing.

"Appa!" Taehyung cries out when he sees his father fighting off the hoard of wolves.

Hoseok's eyes widen in horror when he sees several hellhounds with shackles around their necks. He watches as one creates a spell of poison and shoots it at his father. Without hesitation, Hoseok turns to his wolf form and runs in front of his father, protecting him from the poison.

"Hoseok!" Namjoon shouts in horror as his son crumples to the ground, motionless.

"Tae! Take your brother and go! Now!" Seokjin shouts to his son as he joins his mate in his wolf form and fights off the attackers.

"But-"

"No buts! Take him and go! Now! Run! Protect your brother!" Seokjin barks and protects Hoseok as he fights a large wolf.

In his wolf form, Taehyung quickly attacks the large wolf his mother is fighting and then turns to his human form to pick up his brother.

"Run!" Namjoon roars as he continues to fight off the large group of hunters.

Taehyung looks at his parents with teary eyes before running toward the exit. As Taehyung approaches the exit, the barrier is broken, and several werewolves flood into the clearing. Taehyung grips his unconscious brother in his arms as his big eyes look at the snarling wolves.

"Cliff. The cliff." Taehyung whispers and runs toward the cliff to escape.

"Little Flame, do not look back. No matter what, keep running." Namjoon's voice echoes in his son's mind as he watches Taehyung climb the cliff with Hoseok strapped to his back.

"Live. You and Eomma have to live, Appa." Taehyung cries as he climbs to safety.

"We will. You are strong. You can protect your brother." Namjoon softly tells his son as fireproof ropes tie him down.

When Taehyung reaches the top of the cliff, he looks down at his home in horror. The entire clearing is on fire while his parents are being tied down. As he watches his life get destroyed, flames ignite his body. Words ring in his mind as he watches the people capture his parents. He can hear a voice similar to his mother's voice.

"I curse you. I curse each and every single one of you. I curse you all to watch your loved ones die an agonizing death and to die in loneliness and despair. I curse your every life after that. I curse you all to suffer unimaginable pain over and over again. I curse all of you for taking my parents. I curse anyone who brings harm to my parents. No one and nothing will ever be able to lift my curse. This curse will bind you forever. No one can save you." Taehyung's curse carries on the wind and can be heard by the people in the clearing.

"RUN!" Seokjin's voice fills Taehyung's mind when one of the magical hellhounds shoots a poisonous arrow at him.

"Die." Taehyung snarls and rains fire down on the clearing.