Chapter 59

When dawn arrives, Yoongi gently wakes the sleeping pups. "We need to leave the cave." He softly tells them as their eyes flutter open.

"Okay." Hoseok hums and sits up.

"Winter is coming, so we need to find a place to stay for the winter," Yoongi explains as he grabs a bag he made during the night.

The three quickly turn to their wolf forms and leave the cave. As they leave the cave, Yoongi hears the sounds of a hunting party in the distance. "Little pups, we need to hurry. A hunting party is nearing." Yoongi quickly tells the pups as he picks up his pace.

The pups hurriedly follow Yoongi and stay right on his back paws. As they follow the older hellhound, the twins feel themselves bonding with him. Yoongi glances back at the pair when their scents suddenly become very familiar, like family. Knowing that the twins have bonded with him like younger siblings, he swears to protect them to the very end.

"Stay as close as possible. I am going to place a barrier around us. It will move with us." Yoongi tells the pups when he hears the howls of the hunting party.

"Okay." The twins respond and get closer to Yoongi, flanking both of his sides.

Once the twins are basically brushing against him, Yoongi puts up a barrier to hide their presence from the hunters. As they run, Yoongi can tell that the pups have never really been on a run before. How on earth did these two escape professional hunters when they did not know how to run properly? 

"Should we run across the river to hide our scents?" Taehyung asks when they are near the river.

"At least you know the tactics of escaping." Yoongi chuckles and changes their direction toward the river. "Since we will be on the run quite a bit, I will teach you how to run with me. We will always run in this formation, but I need you two to learn how to read my movements. I will not always have time to warn you when we need to change directions. We need to run as one. Understood?" Yoongi tells the pups as they run into the river.

"Understood." The twins respond and swim with Yoongi across the river.

"Good. You are strong swimmers. We will cross as many rivers as possible." Yoongi hums and leaps to shore.

Once they cross the river, they pick up their pace and disappear into the woods. As they run, Taehyung trains his senses to find a suitable place for them to make their temporary home.

"It is snowing." Hoseok looks up at the grey sky when a snowflake floats past him.

"I have found us a place to stay. It is small and a day's run from here, but it is well-hidden." Taehyung informs them as he points his snout to the left.

"Guide us to it. This is the upside of being with an offensive warrior." Yoongi hums and follows Taehyung's lead.

For the rest of the day, the three hellhounds run toward the shelter, where they will make their home for the winter. As they run, Yoongi keeps his senses trained on their surroundings. They lost the hunting party at the river, but hunting parties are not the only dangers in the forest.

"Rogues." Hoseok snaps his head to the right when he hears growls.

"We are nearing the shelter," Taehyung informs them as they pause to examine the rogues.

"The rogues cannot sense us because of my barrier, but we do not want to risk them being so close to the shelter. Go to the shelter. I will fight them off." Yoongi tells the pair as he prepares to attack the rogues.