The Guy I Once Knew.

Picture of Melondy ⬆

Melondy P.O.V.
I felt a push on my shoulder. It was rough push. I turned over. "Girl get yo black ass up and cook a nigga some breakfast" he said . "Joey I'm tired , can't you do it?" I said as turning over. "Bitch I'll show you what I can do" he said as he grabbed me by my long black hair and dragged me out of bed. I was trying to get my hair out of being tied up with his hands. He dragged me to the kitchen. "Cook me some damn breakfast , before I beat yo ass" he said . I just sat there and cried, because my hair was everywhere. I got up wiped my eyes. "I'll be back in a minute, my food better be ready bitch" he said . I swept up my hair first. Then I looked in the refrigerator and grabbed some eggs , and I grabbed some bacon. I reached in the top cabinet and grabbed the grits. I began to get everything started and cook his breakfast. About 30 minutes I was finishing up. I heard the door unlock. It was Joey. "My food ready "?He said. "Yep" . He went into the bedroom and ate it. After I was done cooking , I laid on the couch , because I know if I would've went into the bedroom, he would've had a reason to hit me. I laid on the couch and cried myself to sleep like always.
Dream: I was running from Joey and he was chasing me . He caught me and busted my nose badly. He ranned my face into a wall. I stabbed him and ran . I felled as we was running through the house. He cause me and stabbed me 6 times. I crawled into the bedroom , he followed saying "BITCH YOU'RE MY SLAVE" , I stand in front of a open window . He had the knife in his hand. He was ready to stab more. I shook my head no. He came closer and faster. I turned around and jumped out the window.
Dream Over.
I woke up shaking and sweating hard as hell. I got up and looked into the bedroom, Joey was gone. I went to the bathroom and took off my clothes ready to shower. As I took off my clothes , I looked at my bruises and cried . I turned on the hot water then the cold. I hopped in the shower, and I ran my fingers through my thick black hair. Some of it came out. I began to bathe. I was in the shower for about 15 minutes. I was getting out the shower so, I cut the water off. I got out , and dried off. I heard the doorbell ring. I quick put on my clothes and dried my hair as I walked to the front door. "Who is it" I said. "Linda" I heard a voice. It was my mom. I unlocked the door and opened it. "Hey mom" I said . "Hey darling" she said . She came in and shut the door. We sat on the couch. "So .. how's my princess?" She said . "Mom I don't wanna be with Joey, he gets so mad and he beats me mom" I said as I cried. "Do you follow his rules"? She said . "Mom , fuck his rules, this man hurt your fucking daughter , and you don't seem to care , you know what, fuck you and him" I said as I yelled and cried loudly. "Mom I think it's time for you to go" I said as I led her to the door. She walked to her car. "I love you mom" I said as she was walking to her car. She didn't even look back. I shut and locked the door. I sat on the couch and watched The Real. That was my favorite show . About 30 minutes later Joey came home. He came home smelling like Victoria secret. I knew he was cheating. He went straight to the bathroom and showered. I turned around and made sure the door was lock. I went in the kitchen making sure everything was done . I had to was dishes. I ranned my water. I began washing up everything. I began to finish up. I turned around and see the trash needed to be taken out. I hurried before Joey came , because he'll think I'm running away . I grabbed the trash out the trashcan. I went to the door and unlocked and opened it . I was walking towards the end of the street . It was getting half dark. I saw thugs looking at me , so I looked back. I put the trash in the trashcan. They were just looking. I hurried back inside the house. I turned and shut and locked the door. As soon as I turned around Joey punched me dead in the eye. "Bitch don't be tryna run away , Bitch I control you". He said . I laid there at the door and cried. When he left , I got up and went to the bathroom to clean my face. I went to the kitchen and put frozen peas on my eye. He was gone to bed. I went to the couch and told myself "Melondy , you can do it, Jesus please help me". I had the peas on my face for about 1 hour because I kept taking it off , and it sting bad. I was on the couch watching tv , until I fell asleep , because of I went to the bed , he would've said , dogs don't sleep in the bed or he'll pull all the cover away. So I stayed there. I took the peas back to the freezer. I went to the bathroom a d looked at the bruise , it looked like someone threw a brick at my eye . I just cried, cried and cried. I wiped my face. I went back to the living room and sat on the couch and started thinking , am I gonna died ? I laid down , and cried myself to sleep.