24|| 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒

[Do Votes and Comments please, am not keeping the target but do not stop yourself from doing the bare minimum]

I would choose you, in every lifetime.

~J.h

♡♡♡

SAUMAYA

I clutched his hand tightly as we stood at the entrance of the magnificent venue, for our entry. Nervousness, was all I could feel at this moment, when I know that behind the door are standing many people, rich, eminent, from big businessmem to the famous celebrities and eminent personalities. And every gaze would be on us-- on the me to be specific. And that was enough for me to feel the nervousness and my hands were turning sweaty.

And as this realisation stuck me, I tried to remove my hand from his, knowing he must be feeling edgy due to my sweating palms, but he held it tightly.

I looked at him and his brown amber eyes were already looking at me.

His eyes-- they have the capacity to hold you, it's like they hypnotize you to do what he wishes. Brown and beautiful. Looking into those eyes, made me feel forget my worries for the time being.

But, my trance broke when I heard Shrey Bhaiya's voice in the mic, who was about to call us and again my anxiety surfaced and I looked at the currently closed door, not wanting anything else but to run away.

My attention went back to him when I felt him wiping my hands clean with his handkerchief. I looked at my hands, as he wiped the sweat off and then he looked at me.

Giving me a smile and keeping his kerchief back in his coat pockets, he smiled at me and asked, "What's your favourite song?"

"Huh?" I looked at him in confusion, thinking I heard wrong.

"You heard me, what's your favourite song?" I sighed and tried to remember which song is my favourite. Well, technically they keeps changing but old Hindi songs have always been constant in my life.

I looked back at him and he stood there waiting for my answer and I replied, "Ek Pyaar Ka Nagma hai, by Lata Mangeshkar." He smiled back and nodded all the while running his thumb inside my palm, soothing my nevers.

"Old songs lover, eh?" I smiled at him, but my smile flattered as the door opened and it was cue for our entry.

He tugged my hand and we entered in the hall, with everyone's eyes on us. I felt conscious of myself, not wanting to look in anyone's eyes and see judgement in them.

Though, usually I care less what people actually thinks about me, but this nervousness was because, today people would not see Saumaya Bajaj, who was a simple high school economics lecturer, and whose existence doesn't even mattered. Today, they would be seeing the daughter-in-law of the Mehrotra's - the one of the influential family in the country. They would be judging me for being the wife of The Rudraksh Mehrotra, the Billionaire and the heartthrob, who could get any girl he wanted, but chose her, a simple middle class high school lecturer.

"Do you watch movies?" My thoughts halted as I heard his light voice near my ear and my body shivered, and I am sure it wasn't due to the cold temperature, but his voice and closeness. All this while, he had not stop circling my palm secretly, which was enough for the butterflies in my stomach to keep flying.