Chapter 4

The next morning I woke exhilarated and ready for the tryouts. I ran down the stairs to the Great Hall and put some toast on my plate with a few eggs. I needed to eat light for tryouts. Then the hard part came. Deciding what position to try out for. It was a juggle between seeker and keeper.

I thought for a few more minutes before Aaron came down and then I asked him what position he was trying out for.

"I'm going for chaser," he replied.

"Ahh OK. I can't choose. My father was seeker but I like keeper to," I said trying to get Aaron to help me decide.

"Well I would go for seeker because of your dad but it all depends on what your more proficient in I guess," Aaron told me.

"Then I guess I know what I'm going for," I say confidently.

I stride out of the Hall and down to the Quidditch Pitch taking the necklace off at the same time. When I get to the pitch I enlarge my broom and mount it wanting to get a few more minutes of practice in when I see Captain Strickland watching me from under the stands. I start to descend when he holds his broom up and mounts finding me in the air.

"Wow that was some nice flying," he says.

"Thanks my dad taught me when I was younger," I reply

"Ahhh. The famous Harry Potter. Always knew you'd try out for seeker one day," he says to my grimace, "Sorry are you not trying for seeker?"

"Yeah I'm actually trying out for keeper," I say a glint in my eyes.

"Ok then here comes the rest of the team lets go," he zooms down to the ground and I follow him close behind touching down just seconds after him.

"Keepers to the left. Chasers center. Seekers right. Beaters in the back. We'll be trying seekers first. Get up there," he shouted the last part.

Everybody ran drills and Strickland narrows down the competitors then its finally the keepers turn. There are only two of us trying out so I mount my broom and Strickland does as well. "Okay you guys i am going to throw each of you five shots whoever blocks the most of them wins the position." He comes at us in a whirlwind and I harden my mind to any doubt. I block the first one fabulously as does the boy I'm competing against. We both block the next three shots and for the last shot Strickland goes at the other boy first. He valiantly tries to save it but misses he then with a look of defeat on his face descends to the ground. I feel all eyes turn to me. Strickland comes in a whirl at the hoops and throws the Quaffle. I see it as if in slow motion and sail over to it whacking it away from the goal with the tips of my fingers.

"Potter you have the spot," Strickland yelled happily, "Now lets go have a party!"