⋆༺ XV ༻⋆

—————————

The Night We Met 
ˡᵒʳᵈ ʰᵘʳᵒⁿ

02:33 ━━━━───── 03:29

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

ılıılıılıılıılıılı
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮

—————————

With a heavy heart, Hyunjin guided the car to a stop outside the address, the weight of their mission hanging in the air like a storm about to break. He glanced at Felix, and a silent understanding passed between them. They were here to uncover the truth, to confront the demons that lurked in the shadows of their past.

With a deep breath, Hyunjin opened the car door, stepping out into the cold night air. He looked at his friends with a passing worry and with a determined voice he looked at the place. He knew that there was no turning back.

As the team gathered beside the car, Chan broke the silence. "That's where she used to live? It looks..."

"Abandoned?" Minho interjected, his eyes scanning the building with a mix of curiosity and caution. "Broken? A bit?"

Hyunjin nodded, his gaze fixed on the dilapidated apartment block. "Yeah. It wasn't always like this, though. This place used to be a safe haven for her, away from her family. I spent more time here than I'd like to admit."

The building stood at the end of a narrow alley, its façade cracked and weathered by time. Overgrown weeds snaked through the concrete, and the windows, once a source of light, were now dark and lifeless, some shattered and others boarded up. The rusty gate creaked ominously as they pushed it open, each step on the cobblestone path echoing through the silent night.

As they approached the entrance, Hyunjin noticed two large flower pots flanking the doorframe. The roses within were now withered and dead, their brittle petals scattered on the ground. He knelt down, brushing aside the dried leaves and dirt, revealing a small, plastic box underneath.

Minho raised an eyebrow. "What's that?"

Hyunjin opened the box to find a spare key. He held it up, the tiny object gleaming in the dim light. "She always kept a spare here. Just in case."

Felix let out a low whistle. "Smart. And a little eerie."

Hyunjin stood up, key in hand, and unlocked the door. The lock clicked open with a sound that seemed to echo through the empty halls. Pushing the door open, they were met with a scene frozen in time. Dust covered every surface, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling like tattered curtains. Faded photographs and broken furniture lay scattered around, remnants of a life once lived here.

Hyunjin's breath hitched as he took in the familiar surroundings. The once vibrant walls were now peeling, revealing patches of mold underneath. The scent of decay and neglect filled the air, mixed with a faint, lingering hint of her perfume, as if the walls themselves had absorbed her essence.

As they spread out to explore, Hyunjin felt a wave of memories crashing over him. He could almost hear her laughter echoing in the hallways, see her twirling in the living room with a smile on her face. Her voice, both in joy and in anger, seemed to whisper in the back of his mind, growing louder until it drowned out his thoughts. He paused in the hallway, gripping the doorframe as he tried to steady himself.

"Hyunjin, you okay?" Chan asked, noticing his friend's distress.

Hyunjin nodded, swallowing hard. "Yeah, just... memories."

Chan gave him a sympathetic look but didn't press further.

Hyunjin made his way to the bedroom, the door slightly ajar. Pushing it open, he was met with a scene both familiar and heart-wrenching. The bed was unmade, the once vibrant bedspread now torn and stained. Clothes were strewn about, some still on hangers, others crumpled on the floor. A small vanity stood against one wall, its mirror cracked, personal items scattered across it.

As he walked through the room, he couldn't shake the memories that flooded back. Late nights spent talking, her head resting on his shoulder. Fights that left them both in tears, only to be followed by tender apologies. He could almost hear her voice, so real it made his heart ache.

Felix, meanwhile, had moved toward the small office space. The desk was cluttered with papers, old notebooks, and personal items. He picked up a few scattered poems, reading the words written in a frantic, desperate script. "Hyunjin, look at this," he called out.

Hyunjin walked over, his eyes scanning the scattered poems. The neat, precise script of some contrasted sharply with the erratic, feverish handwriting of others. Felix attempted to read one of the poems aloud:

"'I'd shatter every sorrow in your heart, Even if it meant to tear your soul apart.'"

But as he progressed, his voice faltered, and he finally stopped, a look of shock on his face.

"I... I can't understand this at all," Felix admitted, his brow furrowed in confusion.

Hyunjin glanced at the poem, a mixture of pain and recognition flickering in his eyes. "That's how she spoke all the time," he murmured, his voice barely above a whisper.

Felix shook his head, his unease evident. "Ohhhh. I couldn't live with a person like that," he said, his voice tinged with disbelief.

Hyunjin's gaze drifted to the scattered poems on the desk, each one a window into her troubled mind. "Yeah, me too,"

j i h a n

remeber
we make straykids stay