Imagine #54

My eyes slowly fluttered open as the morning sunlight reached my face through the window. I instantly scrunched my nose in protest and turned away so I wouldn't get blinded by the rays.

Before I could fall back asleep, however, a pair of warm hands drifted up my abdomen, and I shivered at Ramin's familiar touch. "Good morning, my Angel," he murmured while pressing a kiss to my shoulder.

"Hi," I said in a small voice.

"How are you?"

I turned back around and faced him with a soft smile on my lips. "I'm always happy to see you," I replied, snuggling into his muscular chest. "Especially when you're shirtless."

Ramin laughed out loud and kissed the top of my head. "Are you saying that I should be shirtless more often?" he asked teasingly.

"No, no," I chuckled. "I'm just saying that it's an added bonus for you to be so ripped."

He gently nuzzled his nose into my hair and kissed my scalp. "You are so cute, Ave," he whispered. "The most adorable girl in the world."

"Stop," I blushed, burying my red face into his shoulder. "You're making me shy."

Ramin shifted and pulled back so that he could look at me. His handsome face was ridiculously sweet as he said, "You don't need to be shy with me. I am your husband, after all."

"You're also the mysterious Opera Ghost that stole my heart as a child," I argued. "And now I'm married to one of them. How could I not be shy?"

He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on my lips, sending chills throughout my body. "I am only a normal human being, Ave," he mumbled. "Nothing more to it."

I raised an eyebrow. "You're one of the biggest Broadway stars in the world," I scoffed. "I'd say you're more than just a regular person."

"I know that," Ramin replied. "But when I'm with you, I'm Ramin 'the man', not Ramin 'the star'. It's as simple as that."

I opened my mouth to argue, but he shut me up by kissing me again, this time with a little more passion. My thoughts dissipated immediately, and I surrendered to his touch. 

"Alright, fine," I said once he pulled away. "I'll try and start thinking of you as normal. But don't expect this to be an easy transition for me. Deal?"

Ramin nodded in acceptance and stuck his hand out for me to shake. "Deal."