Chapter 6 ... Be Our Guest ...

When Hunter woke up in the morning, he saw that the Queen had been right, when he opened his drawers out of habit, he had closed them, remembering he was at a castle. But clothes were hidden there ans all his stuff, even his shaving kit. He smiled, then frowned.

"Why hadn't she recognized me?" He asked himself. Wendy had seen him more than a few times now. She should probably be in his room, joking about how the Queen seemed so uptight and all. He shook his head. He didn't have time for any of that. After he got dressed, he walked out his door to the kitchen, finding Wendy amd a few other maids scurring around her with plates and platters. She was smiling as a male servant hurried past her. He was tall and lanky, his black hair tumbling over his eyes, and he pulled it away; when he did, he saw Hunter and bowed.

"How may I serve you, sir?" He asked. Hunter wondered if he would be called "sir" a lot now. He wished not.

"Call me Hunter, sir," the boy laughed ans nodded. "And you may serve me by letting me help you putting out the table."

"But, sir-"

"Hunter." he corrected. "And please, I used to do this at my old house, let me help." After they all debabted on it, Hunter helped them put the table. "That wasn't so bad, was it?" The table was easily for a few more people than he expected. They did have a few guests.

"I suppose," the boy said. "But you should go back out, breakfast will be ready in fifteen minutes and it would seem disrespectful if you are the first one here and not the Queen, Hunter." His voice was calm and kind, so Hunter left with a nod and smile.

Liesel woke up by the sound of shuffling and strapping. She opened her eyes slowly and saw Theo putting on his suit, se smiled at the memory pf last night and it fadded after the thought finished. She still felt used in the total wrong way. Making her cold all over.

"You're finally up," he greeted with a smile. "I decided to get up first, you know, so we won't be seen together at the breakfast table. It would e disturbing." She felt a surge at hsi words. What was I thinking that he would actually think of me as a wife for my escape after tonight? I'm so stupid.

"It would've been just fine," she said coldly. "I am Queen and I can do whatever I wish."

"Okay," he agreed. She rolled her eyes, if he didn't get out of her room any faster, she would turn him into a rat. "Well, I'll see you at the table, I'll be visiting my own companions from where I come from. Tell them to get up."

"You do that," she said, wraping a sheet around her sore body. After getting dressed in a pretty rose colored dress, put her hair down around her shoulders, and put a little golden crown; she headed down to the table, her eyes roamed for Hunter, he was talking to a male servant, boy laughing, when she ckeared her throat, the servant left and she was alone with Hunter.

"Thank you," he said.

"I haven't spared your life yet."

"Very funny," he smiled. "But, thank you, for my clothes and belongings. I thought I might have to get them myself."

"I can be cold and harsh 99.9 percent of the time, Hunter, but my word is my word." She motioned him to sit next to her, smiling. She actually surprised herself. She didn't like that ever since that old rag of a lady had come into her house, Liesel was changing to good. An that made her feel more than confused and annoyed. She talked with Hunter, getting his attention when she said she had a swordsman and a training yard with more people than usual castles had. She greeted all her guests and entroduced Hunter to them and they apoke with him freely.

All except Theo, who looked like he was not liking Hunter at all. Liesel saw this and grinned wickedly. Touching Hunter's hand casually, laughing and leaning into hsi direction. Hunter didn't seem to mind, though she got irritated, too. Because Hunter was all about trying to get a conversational sentence out of Wendy. But she didn't seem to want to. He sighed.