Chapter 9 Something That Wasn't There Before

Follow me @Skyler_Dawn💋

If I tell him about Theo, he will hate me for sure. If I don't...I'll be hating myself. Either way, I'll hate Theo. Liesel paced back and forth, round and round until she had a headache and needed to sit down. The only one getting something here is that Theo. I hate it. She huffed, on the verge of tears. Why did I meet him? Because you needed to marry someone, break the curse and be on with your life, stupid. Liesel shushed the voice in the back of head. I am right, though.

A knock on her door brought her out of her reverie. I will tell Theo to fuzz off and I will tell Hunter about Theo. Maybe he'll know what to do. She got up from the bed and checked the door: Theo.

"Get out of my sight, Theo," she spat, walking past him. "I don't need you tonight-or any other." But Theo merely laughed elegantly. His fair features supposing to be distracting.

"Oh, but you do," he taunted. "You need to marry me, remember? You can't live without me." She didn't look at him, but her deadly, grim and nonchalant look was poisonous.

"Watch me," she said, dripping acid. "I'd rather be this hideous beast than marry an over-sized pig like you."

Hunter walked around his room, gathering some clothes and basics and courage for his ride to visit his family. Courage because he wanted to ask Liesel if she would acompany him. She's no beast, nor a monster. She's a beautiful woman full of fear of the unknown thoughts from everyone else around her. Hunter cared for Liesel, not just in a loving way; but as a friend. It was clear he loved her; deeply, and it was clear she tried to love him back.

Yet she feared what cane after that. It wasn't just ... sleep with the man and that's all. It was more, though Hunter knew nothing of her whereabouts with men. If she had any. But he was sure he would want to have somethjng with her. It was clear when he took her out to try things she hadn't done before: hunting, fishing and other things. She gave looks of proudness when she did something right on the first try.

And when she didn't get it right on the first, she would put on her determined face and did it until she got it. It-

"Come in!" Hunter called after a knock kn the door intereupted his reverie. He put on a shirt, he was bare-chested.

"Hunter, I wanted to...umm." She looked at his body up and down once and blushed. He raised his eyebrows.

"I really expected you to put on a devilish grin and remark how handsome I looked without my shirt on." She sighed embarrasedly. "I didn't mean to upset-"

"I've been sleeping with Theo for the past months."

Explaining to him everything she'd done wasn't as wasy as she thought it would be. Hunter turned pale and ashen while she blushed, trying to apologize for what she ha done to him: giving him false hope when in the end he would kill them. But she would never-in her hideous life-put a finger on Hunter. Theo now, on the other hand . . .

"And you decide to tell me now." It wasn't a question. She blushe even more.

"I didn't-"

"Get up," he said, standing, his face was blank. She sheank with fear for what that meant. "I said get up." She did as said very slowly and hesitantly.

"What are you going to do-?" He grabbed her shoulders and pulle her into his arms. In his embrace. She stiffened. What...? He stroked her hair and held her tight. Like his life depended on that hug. Slowly, she put her arms around him, too. Was this how I celt whn I was with mother and father? She had forgoten all about them these weeks; as if they had gone, but they came again with Hunter's heart and spirit. "I will never hurt you, Liesel. Do you understand? Never."

He stepped away from her. "And if you let me ...?" He inched his lips towards hers, but she closed the space with the ache in her heart. With every brush if his lips on hers, her heart would thaw and she would melt into his arms. She had never been kissed with such adoration and love and care and carefulness like she was being kissed now by Hunter. It was like meeting a sun with a chilly day, or drinking lemonade on a summer weekend.

When they stepped away from each other, the smile on er face dimmed away her talons, her marks and tattoos and her sharp edges, she was just a young girl with beautiful features. And ... she might have imagined it, but she heard a voice that said:

Keep this up, and you will find the end to the curse on your own.

While Hunter, Liesel and Wendy made their way down the stairs to get going for their three day trip, she spotted a servant and smiled at him. It was the same one who had served Hunter that first day.

"Dear, Adrian, as my first make servant; the castle is in your hands. Any mess or dissaproval from the others and you tell me. No matter what, I'll handle jt when I get back. It will only be three days short. Wendy will be coming with me so you will ve on your own, but I trust you." She kissed his cheek in way of farewe and left. Leaving him opened mouthed.

"What."

As Hunter made his way to home on his horses, Wendy followed behind with Liesel.

"You look nervous." She said.

"I am," Liesel replied as if it was common sense. "I've never been with the humble people of Hunter's town. They will send guards to kill me on sight. Have you seen how hideous I look?" Wendy laughed. "Ouch."

"You are not hideous, Liesel," Wendy smiled at her. "I've always wanted your beauty." At that, Liesel gaspe and looked at her friend. Her only friend-save Hunter.

"You're lying,"

"Am not, I have wanted your regal looks since I wanted boys to look at me," Wendy admited. "But, I guess you can't do anything about that, can you?" Liesel nodded.

"You are beautiful as you are, my dearest friend, I wouldn't ask you to change a bit. And no man should, either." Wendy smiled, taking in the fresh air from the day. It was a cloudless afternoon but the sun wasn't scorching. It was actually a good feeling to feel the burn on her skin. "I'm not used to seeing you wearing such dresses, you knew? I'm used to that black and white maiddress you always wore. Yet, the color of pink and white fits you well enough."

"Thank you," Wendy wore her long hair loose and her dress hugged her body tightly. She looked so beautiful like that. Almost like a farmer's wife or something. All she needed was a bit of makeup and she would look like a doll with peach cheeks. "You look well with that simple dress, too." She looked down at herself: a pale blue dress with laced long sleeves and loose on ber body. A belt held her waist to view and it was short, but long black boots covered her legs.

"Thank you," for just a momemt, even she had forgotten about her curse, until she saw the marks on her skin. What she doubted more was: will his family accept this beauty beast, or not?