Chapter 07

Few Days Later - [33 Days Time Skip Ended]

Present -

Samiul's school day ended, and he was walking home with Smoke perched on his shoulder. The afternoon sunlight bathed Samiul's face as he walked.

"Since your school started, you need to adjust your workout and training routine," Smoke remarked.

"Early morning is fine. The afternoon workouts might be tricky, but unlike my classmates who spend their afternoons hanging out, I have bigger goals to achieve," Samiul replied.

"Even though I'm not originally your assistant, seeing your memories, I know you used to be an extrovert, always smiling. Now look at you-cold and emotionless," Smoke observed.

"You wanted that, right?" Samiul responded.

"Yes, I did," Smoke admitted.

"I will complete Level 02 today. Seeing my clone violate Mom's clone traumatizes me every day. In real life whenever I see mom, the dream incident kicks my brain, " Samiul said.

"Those are just clones, not your real mom or you," Smoke reminded him.

"I know, but when I see it, my brain forgets they're not real," Samiul said.

"After Level 2 ends, you'll enter Level 3. You have no idea what's coming," Smoke warned.

"Forget it, by the way what did you mean by you're not originally my assistant?" Samiul asked.

Before Smoke could answer, Joy called out from the corner of the road. Samiul turned and saw Joy, Nohi, Naem, and Ontor standing there with wooden bats.

The group approached Samiul menacingly.

"Why did you block us on social media?" Nohi demanded angrily.

"Yeah, seems like you forgot who we are," Naem added.

Samiul ignored them and kept walking. Ontor grabbed the back of Samiul's collar and yanked him back.

"What's the problem?" Samiul asked calmly.

"No problem, we just want to break your bones," Ontor sneered.

Samiul grabbed Ontor's hand and shoved it off his collar. Aria, who was passing by, noticed the commotion.

"Look, I don't want any trouble. Just let me go," Samiul said.

"You started it by blocking us. Now you'll suffer," Joy said, swinging his bat at Samiul.

Samiul caught the bat with his right hand. Enraged, Nohi swung his bat at Samiul's chest, but Samiul caught it with his left hand.

Naeem tried to attack from behind, but Aria quickly intervened, punching Naeem before he could strike Samiul. Naeem screamed in pain and fell to the ground.

Samiul looked back, surprised. Ontor seized the moment to swing his bat at Aria, but Samiul kicked Ontor away before he could land the blow. The kick sent Ontor flying backward, and he fell to the ground, dazed.

Joy squinted at Aria, thinking, "Isn't that the new boy who joined the class?"

He turned to see Nohi yank the bat from Samiul's grip and swing it at Samiul's chest. The bat shattered upon impact, leaving everyone stunned-except Samiul.

Smoke, observing invisibly, thought, "This is what happens when normal humans fight a superhuman."

Meanwhile, Naeem stood up and tried to hit Aria from behind. Without turning, Samiul delivered a backward kick to Naeem's lower body, sending him crashing to the ground in agony.