Part 6

(last day of school before graduation)

(Caitlyn's POV)

I wake up to my alarm blaring into my room. I get out of my bed and walk to my bathroom. I look into my mirror and my stomach automatically drops. I see the bruise from yesterdays punch on my cheek. my step-dad has gotten worse over the years. He now beats me and I have my suspicions about my mother and his relationship. I haven't heard from anyone since, well, 3 years ago. after that one day with Luke in the street in front of the school, I haven't seen him or his friends. thank god.

I haven't spent a day were I haven't cried myself to sleep. things aren't that different I guess. only thing is, I'm taking depression pills from my mom, due to her seeing my cuts. partly why my step-father fully beats me now. I am not sure why he took that as a green light to beat me. he just did. so its safe to say I was wrong when I said my life was hell before, because this, this is absolute death. this is what death feels like, at this point its not even classified as living. I still cut, I still burn, I still do anything I can to make some pain release from inside. But in the end it never feels as good as it should, or as people expect anyway. In the end I am always the one ending with a hole growing in my heart. and at this point I am holding onto a sliver, of who I use to be, and who I want to be.

I place a few drops of foundation on my face then I put some extra on the bruise on my cheek. I then put on mascara and eye shadow, and leave the bathroom after brushing my hair and teeth.

I go downstairs and I grab a water bottle and a apple going back upstairs. I get upstairs and I set the objects down on my dresser then I get changed into a hoodie and a pair of shorts. then I grab my stuff and set it all in my bag going downstairs again and I grab a granola bar from the pantry. then I walk out the door heading down the street to the school.

I get there and see no one outside other than me and one kid by the gate smoking. I quickly realize that it's Luke.

He hasn't talked to me since the day I told him I hated him, and he kissed me. please god, don't let today be the day he finally talks about it.

I walk past him casually not wanting things to be awkward, but with Luke, things will always be awkward. By this time I've made it to the door. I reach for the handle when Luke quickly opens it for me. what? I force a small smile to him as a thanks, and he nods slightly.

I walk to my locker, opening the door and putting my things in. I grab my home room binder and head off to class. I walk in and there are only two people and the teacher in so far. Alex and Zach are of course there smiling at me. I look away quickly walking to my seat and sitting down. I look over and Zach and Alex are walking towards me.

They haven't really looked or talked to me since the day Luke and all that shit happened. I know they are extremely confused. I'm still confused. Luke is confusing. I just wish I could understand what the hell happened. Ever since then I can't stop thinking about it. I mean he acts like he hates me for years then he sees my scars then hits me again. Then he kisses me and tries to apologize for everything. I tell him screw off and he leaves me alone along with his friends. Like what the absolute f**k. Why is he so damn confusing.

By this time I notice they have been staring at me through all of my ranting and thoughts. I look at them, then the teacher, realizing he isn't in the room anymore. I look back at them and they have smirks on their faces.