part 10

The teachers tell us to get ready. In five minutes I'm going to be a graduate. I can leave this disgusting place and I never have to see these people again. Its been a weird year. Especially with everything Luke confessed and all that. Now here I am with him as my escort. And me as his. I don't even know the girl he originally was with. She hasn't stopped glaring at us yet. But it's okay cause after today I'm done. I'm able to move out and go to college.

The music starts playing and I here my teacher ask everyone to please stand for the graduating class of 2017. I start getting a little nervous. Luke sees me and grabs my hand. I just look at him and he smiles I smile back being kinda grateful for his help.

We start walking. We are in the middle of the line. Once we get to the front they say our names and let me tell you, everyone was shocked. Probably didn't help we were holding hands. Even my mom gave me a confused look but then smiled and I could already tell she was about to cry.

I walk up the steps to the stage. I take a seat and luke sits next to me. He is still holding my hand. I go to pull away but he tightens his grip. I look at him and he is smiling. I just smile back and listen to my teacher talk about life and career goals.

once she was done we all stood up. Luke finally letting go of my hand and i wipe the sweat that gathered on his sleeve. he just giggles and i look away. i was pretty grossed out by his sweat but at the same time grateful for his help. my principle asks everyone to stand up again and we all walk off the stage in the order we had just walked on. i start walking over to my mother and Luke starts to follow me. i turn around and ask him," What do you think your doing?" his smile disappears," What do you mean i wanna meet your mom." i look at him and say a simple," No." and turn back to the way i was going and this time Luke doesn't follow.

My mom looks at me with tears in brimming her eyes. I hug her tightly and we stand there for awhile. she then asks me the thing u was hoping she wouldn't," Who was that boy?". I glance over to Luke and i see him hugging his mom. "No one just a guy who had to be my escort." i can tell my mom wanted to ask me more about him, but she decided to leave it because she say my step dad approach us.

"congrats" is all he says to me. Then he grabs my mom and starts dragging her to the car. he tells me to drive my moms car home. my mom hands me the keys with a sad look on her face that she has to leave me on my graduation day. She decides to get out and give me another hug. As she goes to get back in the car Luke comes up behind us and places his hand in the small of my back. "hi i'm Luke, i just wanted to say hello to the parents of the wonderful Caitlyn." My mom glances at me then back to Luke. " Well hello i'm stephenie her mom and this is my husband." my mom says still looking at me with confusion. I still am frozen from him having his hand on my back. Luke senses the tension and then says," Well it was very nice meeting you i hope i didn't interrupt anything. i'll talk to you soon. bye caitlyn," he says then he pulls me to the side a little," i'm sorry but i needed to ask you if you would come to this party with me tonight?". i just looked at him confused. why in the hell would he wanna go to a party with me? is he setting me up or something?

Luke was looking at me so hopeful. though i couldn't help but say no. not only do i still not trust luke, my step dad would literally kill me.