Part 8

(Luke's POV )
How could she just walk away. I mean I kind of understand but she didn't even care that I saved her back there.

Wait, what the hell is wrong with me. I can't believe how selfish I am. I finally see that I deserve this. I'm such an idiot. How could I do this. Well that's it I'm done. And i need to tell her that.

I get up and I run after her. I get to the hallway and I don't see her anywhere. I look through the window an I see her walking down the street. I bolt out of the school towards her.

(CAITLYNS POV)
I run out of the school tears running down my face. Does he like me or something. I mean I'm still so confused. That whole thing only answered one  question of mine.
Luke Hemmings is insane.

I hear my name being called again. Why didn't he just leave me alone. I'm so done with this. I stop in my tracks knowing he'll catch up eventually so I might as well wait.

He finally reaches me. I wipe away my tears looking at him. He just looks back, like always. I roll my eyes and look away. " what do you want Luke. I thought you said everything you needed back there." I say, annoyance clear in my voice. He sighs and smirks at me. He cups my cheeks and slams his lips into mine before I can do anything. He pulls back and looks at me for a second before saying," I like you Caitlyn, I really like you." He says his eyes boring into mine.

I don't know why but I start crying. I can't help myself I just start bawling in front of him as he looks at me. I feel like my whole world has just been thrown at the ground and stomped on.

He cups my face again and wipes my tears away. I don't know why but I just stare back at him. He hugs me tightly and I let him. I don't hug back and once he pulls away I walk off.
~~~

I get home at 4:00. I have my graduation ceremony today at 6:00. I have to get ready, so I walk up stairs and get my dress out.

After Luke kissed me I just went to a forest in town that I love going to. Especially when I'm upset. And I just hung out there until it was safe for me to come home.

I got out of the shower and dried my hair. I did my make up. Then I put on my dress (the pic) and walked downstairs to the kitchen and sat at the table. My mom was on the phone so I just waited for her to finish.

When she finally finished she turned around a huge smile grew. I smiled back at her. She pulled me into a hug that I returned.

Even though my life is shit at home. I absolutely love my mother. She is the only person I can trust. But even though I can trust her and I do, I will never tell her about Luke and my step dad. I could never do that to her. She loves him.

We pull away looking each other up and down. She is wearing a nice black and white printed shirt, that is very flattering. With leggings and black heels. She looked stunning.

We kissed each other on the cheek and I left the room. I went upstairs and did some last minute touches. Then I got a little snack from the pantry. Then I went to my moms car. She was waiting for me. I piled in my dress being a little difficult.

I didn't want the bottom of it to get caught In the door.

We head to the school.

We get there and I walk out. I don't have an escort, so they put me with some random guy.