4. Dance?

We were at the party in the villa, an opulent affair with glittering chandeliers, polished marble floors, and guests dressed in their finest. The air was filled with the buzz of conversation and the clinking of glasses, a perfect display of wealth and luxury.

I surveyed the scene, turning to Daniel and Bennet. "The party preparations are good," I acknowledged, giving them a rare nod of approval.Just as I was about to relax, Maddy, the ever-persistent thorn in my side, appeared. Not again, I thought, barely suppressing a sigh. She was always trying to get under my skin, but I had no interest in her.

Sliding up next to me, she placed a hand on my bicep, her fingers trailing dangerously close. "Alex, the party is amazing as usual," she purred, her voice dripping with flirtation. "I think you should do it more often." 

Her fingers kept exploring, heading towards my abs. I took a deep breath, my patience wearing thin. "Maddy, I suggest you find someone else to entertain," I said, my tone icy . 

She leaned in closer, undeterred by my cold reception. "You know how much I want you, Alex."

"And you know I don't," I retorted, meeting her gaze with unwavering disinterest. "You're wasting your time and mine." She has since high school . just like other girls.

Her face fell slightly, but she quickly recovered. "That's your mysteriousness and your—"

Bennet cut in, saving me from what could have been an unpleasant confrontation. "Hey, Maddy! How was last night?"

Maddy turned to Bennet, visibly flustered. "What do you mean?"

"I heard you were caught hooking up with Xavier," Bennet said with a smirk.
The embarrassment on her face was almost comical. As she fumbled for a response, Daniel stepped in, giving her a look that could freeze fire. His death stare was notorious, and it worked. Maddy quickly excused herself, leaving in a huff.

"Thanks, bros. You saved me from that... ordeal," I said, grateful for their intervention.

Bennet chuckled. "Mad-Mad-Maddy. She never learns."

My eyes roamed the room, searching for a familiar face. When I spotted my cousin Elenor entering, the question popped up in my mind: Is Annika here? I knew I would find out soon enough. Just then, Catherine walked in, and my gaze shifted to Natalia holding hands with Annika.

Fuck, she is here.

 I was speechless as I took in the sight of her.

That dark blue dress perfectly hugged her curves, her hair flowing in soft waves. She looked breathtaking. She always does.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Daniel grinning. "Why are you just staring at her? Stop controlling yourself." i really was , not just now .

As I looked more, I couldn't take my eyes off her. That dress was perfectly hugging her perfect curves. She was talking with the girls and laughing. Fuck, every laugh was making my heart beat faster. I took a sip of my drink, studying her every move.

i can't ...

I made my way to the dance floor, ready to approach her, when Natalia popped up. "Captain! Hey!"

"Hey, Natalia," I replied, trying to keep my impatience in check.

I looked back at Annika, ready to speak, but Catherine's voice interrupted. "Oh, Alex!"

Before I could respond, Natalia said something funny, making everyone laugh. Desperate to get her out of the way, I said, "Natalia, Bennet was looking for you." he wasn't but he always does