6. those eyes

For days now, Alexander has been acting so awkward around me. Ever since he almost kissed me by the lake. My goodness, that moment has been replaying in my mind over and over. How have I reacted? By trying to avoid him, of course, because he's been avoiding me. I fear that if I talk to him, he'll just say it was nothing. My goodness, what if it really was nothing to him?it would . he's one those playboys . this would he normal for him....

"Stop overthinking, Anni," Elanor's voice broke through my swirling thoughts. I was spending the night at her apartment, a cozy refuge from my chaotic mind.

"What do you mean by overthinking?" I asked, even though I knew exactly what she meant.

"Don't, Anni," she said, her tone gentle but firm. Elanor cares a lot about me, and we'v came so  close, more like sisters than just friends. She knows me better than anyone and can read me like an open book.

Elanor's apartment was stunning, exuding a royal and luxurious vibe with its golden hues and elegant decor. The living room was spacious, with high ceilings and large windows draped with rich, velvet curtains that allowed the moonlight to cast a gentle glow. The walls were adorned with beautiful artwork, and the furniture was a perfect blend of modern comfort and classic elegance. Her bedroom, where we were now, felt like stepping into a princess's chamber. A massive, canopied bed dominated the room, its plush bedding and numerous pillows inviting anyone to sink in and relax. The bedframe and bedside tables had intricate carvings, giving them an antique, regal look. 

As I took my laptop and placed it on my lap, checking my business plan for the umpteenth time, Elanor was busy applying skincare masks for both of us. Her apartment was warm and inviting, filled with soft lighting and the faint scent of lavender from a diffuser on her nightstand. It was the perfect environment to unwind.

Elanor, lying beside me on her bed, finished spreading the mask on her face and glanced over at my screen. "Anni, a business plan?" she asked, curiosity in her voice.

"Yes," I replied, focusing on the document. "I've had this planned for a long time, and I think it's finally ready."

"Wow," Elanor said, impressed. "But what's it about? When are you launching it?"

"This business plan is crucial to me," I explained. "I've always wanted to create something that blends business with giving back to the community. It's been a lot of work, but it's my passion. I'm starting a non-profit organization that focuses on community health and wellness, specifically targeting disease prevention and management. We'll offer services like free health screenings for diseases such as diabetes and hypertension, support groups for chronic illness management, mental health counseling, and educational workshops on disease prevention and healthy living. It's designed to support and uplift underprivileged communities by providing them with the tools and knowledge they need to lead healthier lives."

Elanor's eyes sparkled with excitement. "That sounds amazing, Anni! So what's left?"

"Funding," I said with a sigh. "I need a professional who can help me with all aspects, like financial planning, marketing strategies, and investor relations. "Elanor sat up, a determined look on her face. "Anni, I can help with that. I can invest in your business."

"No, Elanor," I said, shaking my head. "Thank you, but I need someone professional who can guide me through every step. I want to make sure I do this right."

She nodded, understanding my determination. "Okay, but if you ever need any support, you know I'm here for you."

"I know," I said, smiling at her. "And that means a lot to me."

The night continued as we talked, did self-care routines, and enjoyed each other's company. We both loved watching "Gossip Girl," and tonight was no exception. Lying on her bed, we laughed, gossiped about the characters, and enjoyed the drama unfolding on the screen. These moments with Elanor always felt like a comforting escape from reality.