capítulo cinco:

capítulo cinco:

Her back ached as she bent to wash the dirty white linens. These cloths were used as table cloths which meant that they were harder to wash as the stains were almost impossible to get rid of. Esmeralda sighed, looking at the rest of the linens that piled up behind her. They almost made a mountain and she could just collapse by just watching them. Her eyes glared at the linens, wishing that they would vanish as her eyes grew more intense.

Soon, she heard a chortle from behind her. Then a soft voice stated, merrily. "Esmeralda. The linens aren't going to clean themselves just because you glare at them."

Esmeralda snorted helplessly, her eyes turned away from the linens and they connected with the warm emerald green eyes of her new work colleague, Rosalie. "I wish they could," Esmeralda muttered and Rosalie laughed lightly. Lifting the heavy tub of newly washed linens, she walked over to Esmeralda with them.

"Let's take turns then. I wash and you hang out?" She proposed and Esmeralda sighed, "You going to wash, all of these?" she gestured to the high pile of linens. Rosalie's smile was strained but she still insisted by saying, "Soon, Jade and Kim will arrive to help."

Esmeralda snorted, "You know that they do nothing when you are around!" She scolded and Rosalie pursed her lips unhappily.

"I am trying!" She protested and Esmeralda rolled her eyes, "Hush... and go and hang. I will wash." She spoke, walking to the high pile of linens, taking a majority, she returned to her wash station, ignoring Rosalie who sighed in defeat.

"Fine!" She huffed, stomping away with the large tub of linens. Esmeralda smiled before she threw the dirty linens into the large drum of soapy water. Knowing it was not enough, Esmeralda threw more soap bombs in the water, then she jumped into the drum. The height was as high as her waist. Stomping heavily, on the linens. She knew it would be months before she was promoted from this exhausting position.

Yawning, she squeezed out the linens as Kim and Jade strolled in leisurely. Esmeralda glanced at them but she told them nothing and continued to do what she needed to do.

"Damn it! I came late on purpose and yet there are still so many linens!" Jade complained and Esmeralda stayed silent, ignoring this stupid female.

"What are you even here for?!" She questioned angrily, rushing to give Esmeralda a harsh push. The abrupt push made Esmeralda almost stumble into the rinsing water. Anger flashed in her dark orbs and she turned giving Jade a ringing slap. That pasted the girl's face to the side, her pale cheek immediately highlighted Esmeralda's large palm. Each finger had its own spacing in between that occupied Jade's entire cheek. 

In disbelief, Jade turned, looking at Esmeralda. She held her jaw in shock. Her brown eyes were wide in shock. "Y...You!" she stuttered, holding her jaw which started to hurt. The swelling of her cheek was rapid and her eyes were still wide in shock. In disbelief that Esmeralda dared to hit her.

Esmeralda snorted. Straightening her back, she stated, "I am not Rosalie and I will not tolerate any mistreatment!" Her voice was strong and overbearing filled to the brim with cold malice which made Jade shrink back in fear. It wasn't just Esmeralda's voice that intimidated her. Esmeralda was quite tall for a girl. With a towering height of five feet and nine inches, she easily won the tallest among the human females.

Along with her cold face and muscular arms, she quickly became a woman to fear, once she entered the Overload's group of maids. At first, when she joined Jade usually made unkind remarks yet the females never took her on, who knew she would get physical?

Jade's lips pursed and she bowed her head. Her eyes were vicious as she swore that she would make Esmeralda regret this one day! She would remember this humiliation!

"Just you wait!" Jade snarled, glaring up at the taller female. Esmeralda scoffed, stepping forward, she grabbed Jade by her maid outfit collar, lifting the short female off the ground, leaving her two pale legs to fling back and forth helplessly.

Fear gathered in her eyes and Esmeralda laughed. "Listen here," she snarled and Jade nodded rapidly, her swollen face was comical, especially with her teary eyes that were filled with tears. "Before my big toe even thinks to enter this room, you better be here!" Esmeralda muttered lowly, "Come after me and find out what happens." She roughly shoved the woman to the ground. With fear, Jade scrambled to her feet, running to her workstation. Her every move was associated with trembling and Esmeralda rolled her eyes. 

Stupid woman, Esmeralda huffed. 

Soon, she heard a round of loud laughter. Jade's face became hot and she bowed her head low, almost pushing her head into the large drum of water. That Esmeralda! I will make sure you regret this! Her teeth ground themselves into dust and the laughing Rosalie came into sight. Patting Esmeralda's shoulder, she looked up at the female with admiration yet before she could speak. She saw the dark-skinned woman bend to pick up another tub of clean linens to hand her. No words were needed as Esmeralda gestured to her with her chin.

Depressed, Rosalie returned outside to hang the linens allowing Esmeralda to continue rinsing the cleaned linens in peace.

Kim who came with Jade. Stayed in her workstation, working diligently. Afraid, of Esmeralda's dark eyes. Her legs which were usually tired of stomping the linens after ten stomps. Gained energy as they moved continuously without stopping. That day, the three of them quickly cleaned the large pile of linen. With the constant fear of becoming Esmeralda's next victim, Kim worked exceptionally hard.

Unlike Kim who was easily scared. Jade did not take Esmeralda's threat seriously and she was plotting up a plan to teach that beastly woman some manners! Just wait! Jade's brown eyes glared at Esmeralda's slender back which worked diligently.

Yet, when her eyes made contact with Esmeralda's dark bottomless eyes. She flinched and hurriedly turned away.

Esmeralda was speechless. She knew that Jade did not take her seriously. Yet, she didn't care. Awaiting, Rosalie to finish hanging out the linens, they left the laundry room. Walking leisurely towards the kitchen for their lunch or for them their dinner. As the silver moon already made its way in the darkening sky. 

"The moon is so beautiful, tonight," sighed Rosalie and Esmeralda nodded in agreement. 

"Better than the other nights," Esmeralda commented. 

Rosalie smiled, "Hopefully, this means. Better days are coming."

Esmeralda snorted and Rosalie playfully hit her shoulder.

"Don't be mean!" She scolded and Esmeralda shrugged, "I didn't even say anything!" 

Rosalie tsked. 

"Better not!" She stated.