Daisy

"Pat?"

I snapped out of the memory as Nathan looked at me, worry creasing over his features. He takes the note from me and throws it into the fire place. I hear the crickle and crackle of the tiny piece of paper, my heart thumping loudly in my chest and the silence that now surrounded us.

"Pat, it was nothing. Just forget about it. Its probably just some jerk that wants to scare you." He soothes, sitting back next to me on the couch.

"Well it worked." My voice shook as I tried to calm my nerves that were on edge. How could a stranger know the exact date of when we met and the question? God that question. Nathan leaves my side and panic grew, I stood up quickly. Following him into the kitchen. He looks at me like I am some lost animal. Was I being paranoid? He takes a glass from the shelf and fills it up with water, handing it to me with a warm smile. I drank it in one go.

"Okay, Ill try to look around the neighborhood to see any strange people. Ill contact the police as well." He starts as he prepares to leave. I wanted to stop him, ask him to stay. But that was not me. I am not some scared little girl and whoever thought of messing with me clearly had a loose screw on the head. Nathan stood hesitantly at the door and for a moment I begin to falter, but only for a moment.

"Will you be okay on your own?" He asks as his hands turn on the knob. I give him a small nod as Spot runs around him. He gives me a small nod back and strides over to quickly give me a kiss on the forehead. I see him off, waving after the car until I could no longer see it. When I was finally alone, except for Spot, I close the door quickly bolting it inside. I run around the house, closing all the windows and possible entrances and run upstairs to my room only to run back down to get my left over pasta and a can of soda.

Finally feeling a tad big safe in the confinement of my bedroom, I check my social media. Typing in a name I had long suspected had something to do with Jasmines case.

Jasper Mckinley.

I loathed the man since day 1.

February 17, 2013

I waited by the lockers, fishing out my math book before slamming my locker shut. I was greeted by a surprise. Jasmine was walking towards me in a daisy printed dress, with a boy. She was walking with a boy. I blink hard and continue to stare at the alien figure beside her as she got near me.

"Hey, Pat." She greets in her ever cheery voice and I give her a mumble of acknowledgement, still waiting for the guy to disappear like the illusion that he was. The guy matches my stare and I suddenly felt uncomfortable. I am never uncomfortable with people, they are usually the ones that get uncomfortable.

"Uhm. Do you know each other?" Jasmine asks from the corner, obviously a witness to our evident stare down. I turn to face her, finally giving her my attention but still feeling the guys eyes on me.

"Do not dare introduce him as someone you are dating. I swear to all the possible gods that exist that I will slap you until you get your senses together." I scold, ignoring the guy as he stiffens beside me. Obviously affected by what I said.

"We're not. He's just a friend." She explains, her smile still present on her face. My mouth falls open. Of course I knew who that dark blonde haired guy beside me was. Everyone in campus knew who Jasper Mckinley was. Arrogant, play boy who had the reputation of someone who could be easily mistaken as a drug dealer.

"And you think that makes it better? No, Jasmine. I forbid you to make friends with fuck boy over here." I start, pulling Jasmine with me, away from Jasper and his dark teal eyes. Which are gorgeous, by the way. I completely loathed him, but his eyes were an exception. I walk past him, deliberately shoving him along the way as my grip on Jasmine tightened. There was no way in hell he was getting into her pants. Nope.