𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐜.

I've never been one to shy away from the limelight, but there's a difference between sinking a three-pointer with thousands of eyes on me and letting those same eyes into the most personal corners of my life. Nalyssa and I have always been careful, cautious. Our private life was just that-private. For weeks, we kept our relationship tucked away in the cozy, intimate bubble of our finstas (secret instagram accounts) Only close friends and family had any idea about us. We shared glimpses of our affection there, sheltered from the storm of public scrutiny and curiosity.

But lately, something changed. Maybe it was the growing comfort, the undeniable chemistry, or just the sheer joy of being with her that made me want to shout it from the rooftops. We'd been dating for just a few weeks, and already, I felt a pull to let the world know. Still, I hesitated. Social media can be ruthless, and the thought of our relationship being dissected and discussed by strangers was daunting.

It was a Wednesday evening when I finally decided to talk to Nalyssa about it. We were lounging on the couch in my apartment, the soft hum of the city outside our window blending with the low volume of a movie playing on the TV. Nalyssa was nestled against me, her head resting on my shoulder, her fingers lazily tracing patterns on my inner thighs.

"Lyss," I started, my voice barely above a whisper. "What do you think about making us official? Like, on our main accounts."

She lifted her head to look at me, her eyes searching mine. For a moment, I worried that she'd think it was too soon or too risky. But then, a slow smile spread across her face, and I felt my heart soar.

"You mean, like, posting about us?" she asked, a hint of excitement in her voice.

"Yeah," I said, my own smile growing. "I know it's a big step, but... I want to share this with everyone. I want them to see how happy you make me."

Nalyssa's smile widened, and she leaned in to kiss me softly. "I want that too, Caity. I really do."

That was all the encouragement I needed. We spent the next hour sifting through our photos, laughing and reminiscing as we picked the perfect ones to share..

"Ready?" I asked, my finger hovering over the 'post' button.

Nalyssa nodded, her eyes bright with anticipation. "Let's do it."

I took a deep breath and hit 'post'.

@𝐂𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐤𝟐𝟐