Chapter 4

The council member spread the old piece of parchment on the table, it had a drawing of three continents one to the west of Pyrriah, Pantala, and one to the north-west.

"Another continent?" Queen Ruby asked. There were murmurs among the council members.

"Precisely your majesty, another continent not yet explored. The scroll says that long ago a skywing named, coincidentally, Wedgetail flew as far as he could and explored all continents almost 500 years ago, he hid his findings here and refused to tell anyone where he hid it. This was his study, but before him it belonged to many, many other dragons who had found it. He said that this continent was called Ramulus and was inhabited by 4 dragon tribes, the Peatwings, the Timberwings, the Bonewings and the Stonewings. He gave no Information so we have nothing to go off of on these tribes, he gave them gifts, enchanted crystals he made with his own animus magic." The Old skywing explained making everyone talk amongst themselves some more. Wedgetail thought it was all some stupid conspiracy of some old dragon who wanted to be special. The skywings used to kill animus after they were born, so how could he survive. Unless he didn't pass the animus test? It was confusing, because Wedgetail couldn't remember what the test was. He learnt it in his private studies but he couldn't remember.

"These crystals, and by extent Wedgetail himself, was worshipped by the tribes, each one getting their own crystal. He spent many years hiding on this other continent until he reached the old age of 150. He decided to make it back to the sky kingdom to record his findings, and find his final resting place among it's peaks where he would be re-incarnated into another skywing, and the scroll stops there." The old skywing finished. Everyone was silent before every dragon burst into an uproar.

"Another continent?!" "A skywing animus?!" They all cried Wedgetail tried to sneak past the crowd. He squeezed past some dragons before being pulled back by one.

"We will of course need someone to go explore it." Queen Ruby declared. All of the council member shoves each other, pressed against the wall until Wedgetail realised he was in the middle of the room.

"Oh Wedgetail! Brilliant, you'll go." Queen Ruby said before he realised why the council members were packed against the wall. He was going, but he was a little excited. No parents, no responsibilities and his name probably would go down in history.