Chapter 15

I was escorted to Umbrella fortress on Soren's request. I arrived an hour and as always the platform was empty. Soren was waiting for me by the steps. Behind him was entire resident of of this fortress. They bowed to show their respect. I bowed to show my respect. Soren took me to the problem at hand a zombie had found crack and tried get in. He was stuck. Soren said that the inside the cavern is made in such way so any sound is echoed. No guns or anything can be used. He was stuck between two difficult situations. One where he let's go and it escapes and people die or he uses one of the weapons and attract the other zombies.

I simply placed my hand on either side of the crack and calmly looked at the zombie and he spasmed to death. Soren waited till we were outside to ask me. "Aren't you supposed to scream to kill these beasties?" I shrugged, "Marcus my first bodyguard said that the enemy might find a way to stop me from screaming or talking so I trained to use without screaming. Now I can do either way. When Jasper was alive someone used a machine to nullify my voice. The military smashed the machine so I can destroy the Strigoi. It was when I had lost my memory." Soren lowered his head as he recalled the hardship I had gone remember everything. I cheated by biting my arm. Igor said that he wished I had done it earlier.

One of the wolves named Rowan waved his hand and the others sent the repair crew to fix the crack. I walked towards the front wall and saw the new type of zombie. The zombies looked partially decayed. Some them had bloated stomaches. One actually exploded and I jumped back in surprise. Debris flew everywhere and wherever the brown liquid hit started to dissolve. "THE HECK..." I had enough so I jumped on top of the wall and screamed on the top of my lungs. The wall on the mountain path amplified my voice to lethality. Soon they all fell dead. Then I had Soren use a drone to burn the corpses.

I use echolocation and xray vision to see what else was waiting for us. I saw that it was huge bats like the ones I saw when we escaped October. The bats couldn't get through so I connected with them and made them fly away. I managed to calm them down. Onyx was watching from the monitor and he swore like a sailor.

I extended my senses towards the ground thinking that there were those huge worms might be there but the ground was solid stone. I asked him why he was swearing and he said that he had never imagined a day where he will be able to see the clear blue sky because of those things. He thanked me and walked towards the roof. He said he is gonna get a tan. I was told to avert my gaze.

Betty asked if she could give me fighting lessons. I said yes. She said that she is concerned that one day I won't be able to use my gifts so I need to train. She has been doing hand to hand combat with these monstrosities. So I said yes. After an hour of sparing I was told that old variety of zombies had arrived. Some were annoyed but the others said were pleased. These can be taken down easily. I took a machete and wrapped my shield around me like a glove and ran at my actual speed into the crowd.

I left a very distinct line where the zombies fell. Soren laughed as I beheaded the zombies row by row. I would change to columns by columns when I got bored. According to Mitch it looked like I was playing Pacman. In the end I killed all of them and they didn't get to touch me. When I walked back inside Betty was laughing too. She said she needs to teach me fighting lessons. I won't be really fast always. There are those working twenty fours a day to reverse my condition. Just so they can wipe out those they seem beneath them.

Some of the nocturnals had hybrid babies in Pearl. They observed my abilities looked like they had gave up the idea comparing me to them. Roland laughed as he said that I was Alpha while the other hybrids were Zulu. I asked if Onyx was done with his sun tan because the bats are back. Ortis called in his comms, "Sun bats" I heard a distinct scream and then I saw Onyx in his shorts running towards his barracks. I started to laugh as I saw his face. His expression was amusing. Betty decided to teach me a lesson by doing a surprise attack but all she caught was air.

Igor said, "We don't use radar at all." Betty was perplexed, "Why" Roland waved his at me, "Because this little princess is a walking radar. You couldn't surprise her even in your sleep. She can sense everything happening in two hundred miles." Betty's jaws dropped to the floor. Oleg retorted, "Princess Sasha calls this place a red zone. There are people who remind her of her worse days. When she had to rescue her friends from the military on multiple occasions. She may look calm to you but she is on high alert. She will remain so till we go back to her home."

I screamed, "CHOMPERS" and ran to the wall. Igor retorted, "Her nickname for zombies." The others came and saw that the tunnel and the vacant hall like space was empty. I asked them to look at the horizon camera. I count down from ten. When I said zero the zombies appeared in their thousands. The sight made one of the newbies faint. Igor laughed as he said that I am walking radar. I use my gifts to protect my family as in nocturnals. Which is why hurting me is illegal.

Betty tried to land a punch but I jumped off the wall and flew up in the air. Roland started to laugh, "Stop making yourself look so stupid. You can't land a punch from here till judgement if she is not interested. Batou managed to hit her because he is the only reminder of her mother." Igor punched him in nose and reminded him that it is a sour subject. Roland apologized as I flew around in the air.

I saw a nightshade bush so I grabbed some and came back. This made my security at least the senior rank to step back. Igor explained what it was and what it does. He explained that I am the only survivor. I injest it daily in lethal doses which mean a single drop of my blood is enough to kill everyone in Tsar. One of the werewolves took a sample to Pearl to verify. It took an hour but it was confirmed.

I was escorted to my barrack to refresh myself. Then I joined my guards to set up a perimeter. I extended my hearing and heard one of the men chatting with the outside. I know it because he was describing everything that happened. I asked to use one of the mechines. The soldier refused so I placed my hand on his head to show him what was going on. He immediately turned the dials to find the traitor. I sensed where he was and shot off like a bullet. I pulled him to the main court yard and it took him a few minutes to realize that he had been made. Soren conversed with the men and they are coming humbly and will also surrender their weapons. They have had enough of the scientifc community. They wanted somewhere they can use their skills to protect not go around and find specimens. Soren asked me to check the minds of everyone and even use hypnosis to force them to tell us if these guys are honest or liars. I hesitated since it is sore subject but he pulled rank on me so I did as he said.

True to their words they arrived and dropped their weapons. They were told to line up and I asked them using hypnosis to tell me one by one why they were here. They all said they want to stop working for the Indian monstrosity. Their conscious is killing them so they are here to be free. I step aside to let them in. They were taken for medical exams and everyone stared at Soren angrily. Free will is an important thing so they didn't like that people can force people to do things. They asked him nicely to never to that again.