9: Gun Shot

Melanie's POV
I was awakened by a gun shot. "She's dead." I heard Tanner say. He hung up the phone.

Tanner started pacing around the room. He walked up to me. He started undressing me, he left me in my nothing but my undergarments.

Tanner then walked over to the metal stove and threw the clothes in the fire. He took out the metal rod. My heart started to beat fast. The rod was orangish from sitting in the fire.

I screamed out in agony as he pressed the flaming metal rod against the skin on my stomach. After a few minutes I didn't feel anything anymore. I had lost all feeling in my lower abdomen.

Tanner threw the rod on the floor and picked up his knife. He pulled it all the way across my left cheek. A gash opened in my skin and blood started oozing out. I screamed out in pain.

"You're so stupid. Reid won't come for you." Tanner growled. "Yes, he will. I know he will." I said. "They think I shot you." Tanner told me. "They're smart. They won't think that even if it's true." I said.

"Shut up." Tanner said raising his gun. He aimed it for me. His finger was around the trigger.

"Tanner White! Put the gun down now!" I heard Reid call as the door was kicked down by Morgan. The team was there. "I said, put the gun down!" Reid yelled.

Tanner grinned at me. He put the gun up to my head. "I'll kill her." Tanner said. "Tanner, you won't kill her." Reid said. "Yes, I will." Tanner said. "No, you're too weak." Reid said.

Tanner aimed at Reid and shot him in the chest. He fell to the ground. Morgan shot Tanner in the head, killing him. The team ran over to Reid and JJ started untying me. Once I was untied I ran over to Reid. It felt like everything was in slow motion. I felt his pulse............ Reid was alive.

He sat up slowly. "Ow..... Thanks Hotch for making me wear a vest under my clothes." Reid said. He stood up slowly. "Reid." I hugged him tight and almost made him fall back down in surprise.

I stood back awkwardly, realizing the team grinning at me and Reid. "U-Umm....... Thanks for umm, saving me." I stuttered awkwardly.

"We need to get you to the hospital." Hotch said.