5

As the festival began to wind down, Captain Pavel started to make his way off the stage, clearly needing to rest. Pooh's heart raced as he watched his hero leave. Ignoring his friend Thanapon's shouts to stay back, Pooh dashed through the crowd, determination fueling his every step.

"Captain Pavel!" he shouted, trying to catch the captain's attention. But before he could get close, two stern-faced security guards blocked his path, pushing him back. Undeterred, Pooh screamed louder, "Captain Pavel!"

Pavel, hearing his name, turned around to see the commotion. His eyes softened as he recognized the young boy being held back by the guards. With a gentle but firm gesture, he signaled the guards to release Pooh. They reluctantly obeyed, allowing Pooh to step forward, breathing heavily from his sprint and the intensity of the moment.

"Hi, how are you, Pooh?" Pavel asked with a warm smile, his voice calm and reassuring.

Pooh's eyes widened in surprise and relief. "Y-you remember my name?" he stammered, wiping away the tears that had begun to fall.

Pavel chuckled, nodding. "Of course, I do.''

Gathering his courage, Pooh blurted out, "Can we meet up?" The guards exchanged glances, their expressions skeptical. Realizing he needed a better reason, Pooh quickly added, "I mean, I'm writing a report about the war for school, and I want to talk to you as a resource person. Can I?"

Captain Pavel paused, taking a deep breath as he considered the request. The weight of his responsibilities and the need for rest were evident in his eyes. "I'll see what I can do, Pooh," he said finally. "I'll let you know."

As Pavel turned to leave, Pooh felt a surge of hope. "Yes, you are coming to meet me, Captain," he thought to himself, determined to make it happen. Just then, Thanapon appeared, grabbing Pooh by the arm and pulling him away from the bustling crowd.

"What were you thinking, Pooh?" Thanapon asked, half exasperated and half admiring his friend's boldness.

Pooh, still catching his breath, replied with a resolute smile, "I had to try. And I think he might actually say yes."

Thanapon shook his head, grinning. "Well, if anyone can convince him, it's you."

As they made their way back to the main festival area, Pooh felt a sense of triumph mixed with anticipation. He had made a connection with Captain Pavel, and now, more than ever, he was determined to see it through. The thought of interviewing his hero filled him with excitement and purpose, and he knew this was just the beginning of an incredible journey.