7

"Is this your house?" Pooh asked, sitting down on the comfortable couch. He looked around, taking in the cozy and modest decor.

"Yes, it is," Pavel replied, bringing over a plate of cupcakes. He sat down beside Pooh and closed his eyes, trying to relax after the busy day.

"Captain?" Pooh's voice broke the silence.

"Hmm?" Pavel responded, his eyes still closed.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Pooh asked, taking a bite of his cupcake.

Pavel chuckled and opened his eyes. "No," he said, leaning his head back on the couch.

"What about a boyfriend?" Pooh inquired, his curiosity getting the better of him.

Pavel chuckled again and shook his head. "No, no boyfriend either."

"Wow, that's great," Pooh muttered under his breath.

Pavel opened his eyes and looked at him curiously. "How is that great?"

Pooh moved a little closer, his heart pounding. "That means I can hit on you, right, Captain?"

Pavel laughed, though it sounded slightly uneasy. "Don't joke, Pooh. I'm old...almost 30."

"No, you're so handsome and hot," Pooh said, cutting off Pavel's words.

Pavel sighed deeply. "Okay, now let's start with the report. What do you want to know?"

Pooh took a deep breath, his nerves getting the better of him. "Can I be honest with you?" he asked, his voice trembling slightly.

Pavel nodded. "Yeah, sure."

"I-I have a crush on you," Pooh blurted out. "And this was the only way I could think of to meet you alone, so I lied about the report."

Pavel looked at him, surprised and a little confused. "Wow, kids these days," he said, standing up from the couch. "You can leave now, okay?"

As Pavel started to walk away, he didn't notice that Pooh was following closely behind him. "Kid, you can leave now. We can't date...you're too young for—"

Before Pavel could finish his sentence, Pooh grabbed his waist and kissed him on the lips. Pavel was completely taken aback, his eyes widening in shock.

For a moment, time seemed to stand still. Then Pavel gently but firmly pushed Pooh away. "Pooh, this isn't right," he said, his voice stern but not unkind. "You're too young, and I'm in a position of authority. This can't happen."

Pooh looked up at him, tears welling in his eyes. "But I love you," he said softly.

Pavel sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Pooh, you're a great kid. But this isn't love. It's admiration, maybe even infatuation, but it's not love. And it can't be."

Pooh's shoulders slumped, and he nodded slowly. "I understand," he whispered.

Pavel took Pooh's hands and slowly caressed his hands. Then he looked Pooh in the eyes. "You'll find someone your own age, someone who can love you the way you deserve. But it's not me, okay?"

Pooh nodded again, feeling a mix of sadness and relief. "Okay."

Pavel stood up and walked Pooh to the door. "Take care of yourself, Pooh. And focus on your studies, okay?"

"I will," Pooh said, forcing a small smile.

As Pooh left, Pavel watched him go, feeling a pang of regret. He hoped the young boy would understand in time and find happiness elsewhere.