The New Friend

Chapter 27 - The New Friend

"So, you had fun?" Katelyn asks.

"Of course I did!" I beam. I'm in English with Katelyn, It's the Monday after hanging out at the movies with Zane.

"I'm glad to hear it!" She grins.

*Bring Bring* English is over already?! That was fast! We pack up then head out.

"Is it just me or was that lesson really fast today?" I inquire.

"Hehe, it's because you were having so much fun telling me about your weekend!" She explains.

"Oh, you're right! That makes sense now! Haha!" I laugh. We keep walking down the hall to lunch until I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around, it's movie guy!

"Oh, movie guy?" I ask confused.

"Haha! I guess I'm movie guy then! Hi!" He greets.

"I'm really, really sorry for everything that happened the other day!" I apologise.

"It's ok! I understand, it's impossible to speak up around those types of people. I could tell it wasn't in your best interests." He accepts.

"Who's this?" Katelyn asks.

"Oh, He's the guy from the movies on Saturday." I explain.

"Oh, I see! I'll get to lunch! I'll see you there (Y/N)!" She walks off down the hall to the cafeteria.

"I should probably introduce myself properly..." The guy with blue hair continues.

"Aww but calling you movie guy is so much fun!" I jeer. He rolls his eyes.

"I'm Dante! It's nice to meet you properly (Y/N)!" He smiles.

"Well, it's nice to meet you properly too Dante!" I chime.

"So, what subject did you just have?" He asks.

"I just had English with Katelyn." I reveal, gesturing in the direction Katelyn went. "What did you have?" I inquire.

"I had English... but I don't have any friends in that class so it was pretty boring." He explains.

"Aww, that's a sad start to the day, huh?"

"It really was... but that's why we've got lunch! I probably shouldn't keep you for so long... how about I give you my number?" He offers.

"Uh, Sure!" I accept. We exchange numbers.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around (Y/N)!" He farewells.

"Yeah, see you around Dante!" I farewell. I head to the cafeteria to my friends. I get to the table and sit in my usual spot.

"Hey guys!" I cheer.

"(Y/N), is it true you're friends with Dante?" Lucinda asks.

"Yeah, that happened literally just then, but why?" I question.

"You do realise he's Gene's brother?" She asks.

"Huh?!" I gasp. I had no clue! The only thing is that it really isn't an issue anymore, I'm friends with Gene... But the others don't know that. "Oh no... Dante's not that bad... Siblings don't determine the person, everyone's different." I reason.

"Have you met the guy? He's a total player!" Lucinda adds.

"Yeah! He's the one who turned Travis into a creep!" Aph adds.

"Oh... Blergh!" I grimace "I still miss old Travis." I pout.

"Same! He was so sweet!" Aph grieves.

"Well, enough of Travis. Did he ask you for your number (Y/N)? Was he just trying to use you?" Lucinda asks.