Pride Month special

Issue cover

At the center of the cover is Big Chill, an imposing, icy alien figure, shrouded in a ghostly, ethereal blue aura. His translucent wings are spread wide, casting a chilling glow across the scene. His eyes, glowing an icy white, pierce through the viewer, exuding a menacing, otherworldly presence.

Big Chill is depicted in mid-flight, his claws extended as if ready to strike. Frost and shards of ice swirl around him, creating a stormy, frozen atmosphere that contrasts sharply with the background. His formidable presence dominates the cover, establishing him as the main monster of the issue.

In the foreground, a group of diverse heroes, including Wiccan, Hulkling, Iceman, and America Chavez, stand defiantly, their expressions determined and resolute. Wiccan's hands are glowing with magical energy, Hulkling is in his powerful transformed state, Iceman is encased in his signature ice form, and America Chavez's fists are clenched, ready for a fight.

The title "Marvel's Voices: Pride" is emblazoned across the top in bold, colorful letters, with the "Pride" part of the title featuring the colors of the rainbow, celebrating the theme of the issue.

"Big Chill Takes Center Stage" – placed just below the main title, indicating the central conflict of the issue.

———
Lee clutched his small rainbow flag tightly in his chubby fist, his wide eyes sparkling with excitement. He sat securely in his stroller, surrounded by a joyful sea of colors and sounds. The vibrant hues of the parade decorations, the rhythmic beat of drums, and the laughter of people filled the air.

"Look at all the colors!" Lee exclaimed, pointing at the bright banners and streamers fluttering in the breeze.

His parents smiled at his enthusiasm. Jennifer, his mom, pushed the stroller, while her wife, Alice, walked beside her, holding Lee's other hand. Behind them, Lee's other parents, Alex and Jordan, followed closely. Alex, who was non-binary, glanced at Jordan, worry etched on their face.

"Do you think this is too much for him?" Alex asked, their voice filled with concern. "He's only three. What if it's overwhelming?"

Jordan placed a reassuring hand on Alex's shoulder. "He seems to be having a great time so far. Look at that smile."

Jennifer glanced back at them, her face softening with understanding. "If it gets to be too much, we can always find a quieter spot. But for now, let's just enjoy the parade."

Alice nodded. "Lee's a curious little guy. I think he's fascinated by all the new sights and sounds."

Lee giggled as a group of dancers in glittering costumes twirled past, waving and blowing kisses to the crowd. He waved back enthusiastically, his face lighting up with pure delight.

"This is so fun!" he shouted, bouncing in his seat.

Alex's worry eased a little as they watched Lee's happy reactions. "Maybe you're right. He's taking it all in stride."

The parade was a dazzling tapestry of colors, sounds, and emotions, a vibrant celebration of love and acceptance. Floats adorned with rainbow flags and glittering decorations rolled down the streets, each one more elaborate than the last. Performers in sequined costumes danced energetically, their smiles as bright as the sunshine that bathed the parade route.

Bands played upbeat music, their rhythms echoing through the city, while cheerleaders waved their pom-poms and chanted enthusiastically. People of all ages, races, and orientations filled the sidewalks, waving flags, and cheering as the parade passed by. It was a joyful, united community, celebrating diversity and the freedom to be who they truly were.